ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air Force One (1997)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject: Air Force One (1997) Reply with quote

Recently I realized that I didn't own the DVD of Air Force One — one of the greatest action movies of all time, as well as being a showcase of Harrison Ford's awesome acting talent. It also has a rousing score by Jerry Goldsmith!

I received the Blu-ray from Amazon today, and as I watched it I realized that it has become remarkably relevant when considered in view of what's happening in the news recently.

I started thinking about the qualifications needed by a truly great president, as well as which of our two presidential candidates possessed the characteristic needed.

First of all, the obvious difference between Donald Trump and Harrison Ford's fictional President James Marshall is that Marshall is courageous and unselfish — whereas recent news reports indicate that Trump has failed to deal effectively with the pandemic . . . and he's even jeopardized the lives to the people around him by knowingly exposing them to Covid-19 after he knew he'd been infected!

For some reason, Trump has frequently belittled Biden for wearing a mask, and he has even discouraged his people in the White House from wearing them!

And yet, Trump is now in Walter Reed hospital being treated for Covid-19, and a growing number of people have contracted the virus from a recent event in the White House Rose Garden which blatantly disregarded Corona Virus safeguards. Sad

Consider for a moment that Harrison Ford's fiction president was a war hero, and this prepared him for his battle with the terrorist on Air Force One.

I think we should remember that Dwight D. Eisenhower was a WWII general, and John F. Kennedy was also a war hero — both of which are interesting parallels to Harrison Ford's character.

Even though neither Trump nor Biden served in the military, Trump avoided his obligation with a fake claim about "bone spurs". However, Biden had asthma and was legitimately excused from military service.

However, Biden had a son who served with distinction, whereas Trump has no family members who have been in the military.

Biden has been married twice, but his first wife died in a car accident in 1972 with her infant daughter, Naomi. Their two sons — Beau and Hunter — were severely injured, but they survived.

The point here, of course, is that Joe Biden's personal tragedies have strengthened the man's character . . . whereas Trump has not faced the same degree of tragic personal loss. This is why he seems to lack empathy for others.

Add to this the fact that Joe Biden's running mate is Kamala Harris, a very impressive woman who will finally break the "glass ceiling" which has barred females from serving in the countries highest offices for many generations!

Trump and Vice President Pence have bungled their handling of the pandemic, causing thousands of Americans to die. America needs a president who has proven his ability to face personal tragedies, one who has the intelligence to apply science to our nation's problems — like the pandemic, global warming. and the threats from Russia.

Only one the two candidate has these important qualities . . . and it isn't the one whose tax records reveal that he paid $70,000 dollars on his hair does! Shocked

Folks, I sincerely apologize to all our Trump supports if I've offended you. I'm just expressing my a personal opinions. For the record, my conclusions seem to be pretty obvious.

If you're curious about why "conservatives" tend to be so pro-Trump and "liberals" are against him, you might enjoy this interesting article from the prestigious magazine Psychology Today (<— link).

I found it fascinated me, And it nailed me cold!

It might do the same for you. Very Happy

________________ Air Force One (1997) - trailer

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bud, interesting article.

I've been at a loss to comprehend why anyone would support Agent Orange (thanks Spike Lee for that nickname).

This article sheds light on to what people think & feel.

I passed the article on to several friends who loathe Trump as we do.

One friend of mine felt that some of Trump's followers simply hate all things liberal. So they follow the POTUS even knowing he lacks class or character because he despises liberals as they do.

Sort of that mentality of he's a hateful, lying, narcissistic bully but he's against everything we are so we'll ignore his profound flaws.

Flush the turd November third.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst thing which could happen to this country is for Donald Trump to leave the hospital after experiencing a mild case of Covid-19 — and then to brag about how he defeated the virus in a few days just because he was so much stronger than the "average" person. Shocked

He really needs to suffer the same kind of long-term experience which thousands of people world-wide have . . . so that this selfish, ignorant man can finally understand what he's caused because of his incompetence! Rolling Eyes

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well damn, my prediction came true. Trump is back in the White House and bragging. Sad

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He won't be there too much longer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: