ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 2 (2015)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 2 (2015) Reply with quote

The long-awaited and much anticipated climax to the popular franchise finally arrived in 2015.

Payback is a bitch. Twisted Evil

And yet, I was bit let down. If you haven't seen it, you won't be surprised that President Snow (Donald Sutherland) was not a candidate in the next election. He, ummm . . . retired from politics. Wink

If you have seen it, you might agree with me that his "retirement party" was less than he deserved. The producers of the film undoubtedly just went with the way it was portrayed in the popular novels, because they didn't want to change it and risk the same thing happening to them (at the hands of outraged fans) that happened to President Snow! Shocked

But this is an enjoyable conclusion to a finely crafted series of films, and even though it didn't exactly knock my socks off or blow my skirt up (as the say), I've certainly seen worse films . . . and I haven't seen all that many better ones.

To be fair, I will say that Jennifer Lawrence did a fine job of carrying major potions of the whole series, and she managed to create a character who felt strong emotions in spite of the fact that she always had to convey them in very subtle ways.

But I still wish I could be alone with her for two minutes, just to find out if she's ticklish! :lol;

_______ The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: