ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New threads for upcoming movies!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject: New threads for upcoming movies! Reply with quote

Check out the new threads in Sci-Fi Movies from 2021 to Tomorrow which have been recently posted! Cool

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Pete's sake, guys, I started threads for all these up-coming movies and then embedded the URL's in the images above to make it easy for you to add replies!

And yet . . . nobody has done that yet! Rolling Eyes

I'm not asking for elaborate comments, since none of us have seen these movies yet. But I was hoping I'd get replies like "I'm looking forward to this one!" or "This movie might be great!"

Come on, folks — All Sci-Fi only has about seven regular members, and if we don't keep the board active and interesting we'll never get any more new members! Shocked

In the past few years, we've had several active members who've either wandered off or passed away — like Bulldogtreker, Randy, Bogmeister, orzel-w, Brent Gair, Custer, alltare, Rocky Jones, Rick, larryfoster, Andrew Kidd, and Bongopete.

I sorely miss all those guys! Sad

Let's face if, folks — message boards like Nautilus Submarine (Total members: 3,260) and the Classic Horror Film Board (Total Members: 10,533) — now only average about six members on line at any give time!

Those boards used to have dozens of member on line at any given moment, day or night! My point, of course, is that message board are obviously dying out!

But I'm not going to let that happen to All Sci-Fi! And to do that, I need your help, guys! Here's what I'm asking you to do. Shocked

~ Share your thoughts with us!

~ Show your appreciation for the posts you read!

~ Express your opinions on any given subject.

~ Start a debate about something you care about.

~ Agree with somebody!

~ Disagree with somebody!

~ Educate us with the knowledge you have.

~ Ask questions because you want to know more!

All Sci-Fi is the best organized message board of the web, with a main index that's easy to understand, and several Alphabetical Indexes which take you directly to existing threads!

No other board has ever offered that amazing feature. Shocked

So . . . help me keep this website exciting and interesting.

And don't be shy about inviting members from other boards to join us!

Hell's bells, in the past few years I've spent many hours reaching out to members of the Classic Horror Film Board and Nautilus Submarine, presenting them with PM's on those boards which invited them to join All Sci-Fi.

Dozens of their members actually have joined us over the years . . . but most of them eventually wandered away and stop posting, apparently because message boards have declined in popularity. Sad

Apparently the number of literate and intelligent science fiction fans in the world is considerably lower than I thought when I created the first version of All Sci-Fi back in 2006.

For the last 15 years I've struggled to attract a sizable group of members who shared my enthusiasm for science fiction — people who were able to compose well-written comments which they could post on my humble little message board.

Unfortunately, the total number of active and imaginative members on All Sci-Fi has always been disappointing. But I greatly appreciate the ones we've had during the last 15 years, and I love the contributions they've made! Cool

So, all I'm saying, guys, is . . . keep up the good work!

Without you, I'm just stuck here in North Carolina dazzling myself with my own wit, wisdom, imagination, and dazzling creative skills!

But I keep hoping for more folks like you guys. Cool

MeInChicago
Space Cadet

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Godzilla vs Kong movie as my daughter wanted to watch it.

In both of our opinions the movie was a bomb. It totally did not live up to its possibility.

I haven't really liked any of the movies coming out of Hollywood in a while. The best movie I can think of since the start of the Pandemic has been Parasite.

Just don't know about the movie industry in all honest truth.

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIC, you have made my day! Very Happy

I truly admired your clever way of reaching out to me fpr help recovering your All Sci-Fi user name and password after a five-year absence!

Bravo, sir! Very Happy

It took you and me a week of exchanging messages on All Sci-Fi's Chatzy Room to finally connect — even though our messages occurred at the wrong times for either of us to notice until the other person returned later to the chat room! Shocked

I hope you'll join us for future chats, like the one this coming Saturday. Perhaps your daughter can join the chat (and All Sci-Fi) as well. My own daughter has been a member for years. Smile

____________________ Galaxy Quest (1999)

MIC, we both persevered until we finally managed to solve the login problem and bring you back to ASF.

I'm looking forward to your future contributions. Your comment above indicates that you have the same love for the classics which many of us here share! Cool

And frankly that just tinkles me pink!

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Thu May 20, 2021 2:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the movie theatres having been closed for over a year the only new films I've been able to see have been on streaming (Netflix, HBO+ etc.). Most have been turkeys, like G vs KK, but a few have been comment worthy, like the MARVEL series on DISNEY+.

There's a ton of great stuff on streaming, like INVINCABLE, THE NEVERS, THE BOYS, JUPITER LGEACY , and a bunch of movies of various quality, BUT not all members have access to them!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Contact All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: