ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Flash (CW 2014)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another actor who portrayed 2 different iconic heroes would be Sam Jones.

He was Flash Gordon in the 1980 film,& the Spirit for an unsold TV-Pilot.
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next episode, Trajectory, willl feature the first female speedster in the DC universe. Trajectory will be played by Allison Paige. Trajectory's identity is Eliza Harmon.

Both The Flash and Arrow are filmed very dark. Here are the costumes under better light:

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures, Butch! Thanks!

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Wed May 04, 2016 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were talking about the tv "homage" to "Flash of Two Worlds" back on page two - and now the back cover of Britain's leading tv guide, Radio Times, has a made-up comic visible that goes a step further. I don't see how the supply of comics would be part of your $20 a month package for television and broadband though!

Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Potter meets The Flash!

Tom Felton Joins Season 3 as Series Regular.

http://tvline.com/2016/06/30/the-flash-tom-felton-season-3-cast-julian-dorn-csi/
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kid Flash!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/75670

Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kid Flash and Hunter Zoloman — Zoom — BTS

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season #8 of The Flash debuts on November 16 with a bang.

"Armageddon" is a five-part crossover that promises to be the biggest event since the CW's Crisis On Infinite Earths.

Mysterious aliens invade the Earth and Team Flash cannot take them on alone. They reach out to other superheroes.

Brandon Routh (The Atom), Kat McNamara (Mia Queen), Chyler Leigh (Sentinel), Javicia Leslie (Batwoman), Cress Williams (Black Lightning) are the guest stars listed so far.

Crossover events are always a blast as we get to see so many DC superheroes working together. Sometimes too many for my taste.

While its great to see the heroes congregate, sometimes it can be overwhelming to have so many all in the same place at the same time. It doesn't always allow the spotlight to shine upon 'em for long and it becomes a rushed situation.

Also, they've already done a CW crossover even with the plot of invading aliens with the Dominators. Hope the writers can give us something fresh and original using that oft used science fiction trope.

Supergirl is currently running in its sixth & final season. Will Kara Zor-El appear in this crossover event even if the Supergirl show has had its finale before the Flash premiere in November? I see that her adopted sister Alex will be there for the crossover.

Love to see Stargirl and the JSA show up. Unfortunately while the CW shows are filmed in Vancouver, Stargirl is the exception and is shot in Georgia. Then again, there are airplanes.

Be cool to see the Doom Patrol & the Titans also guest star on this upcoming crossover. Titans is filmed in Canada but I'm not sure if its in Vancouver. Might be.

DP is filmed in Louisiana.

Both shows aren't CW produced but are characters from the DC comic universe. Their inclusion is probably very iffy at best.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pow, I confess that I drifted away form the CW superhero series about five years ago and haven't been back since then. Confused

But it hasn't been entirely my fault.

For example, I recently discovered that the dozen-plus episodes of Stargirl that were supposed to be on my DVR were missing! I was saving them so I could binge watch the series from the start. But I missed my chance to catch up with that one . . . Sad

And I was absolutely devoted to Supergirl during it's first two seasons, but my local Charlotte TV station did something goofy which caused my DISH box to stop DVRing it when season 3 started. After I missed about eight episodes, I decided to wait until I could catch up by binge watching it later in some manner.

That never worked out, so I haven't seen anything from season 3 until the present! Shocked

In short, I've fallen away from the loyal yanks of fans from the shows about the DC universe. And so, that's the reason I haven't replied to your wonderful posts on these subjects. Sad

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand completely, Bud.

I don't always have a response to your posts or other members. Not because I don't read 'em all.

Sometimes it's about a movie or TV show that I'm unfamiliar with, so what can I possibly add to it?

I'm a longtime comic book collector, so naturally I have to check out the superhero films and TV series.

I'm still enjoying The Flash, although I'll confess that some episodes have a seen-it-all-before vibe. Initially I was dubious about a weekly show about a guy's whose power was that he could run fast. Can that superpower really be the focus for a show and interesting at the same time?
Well, they did it just great.

Supergirl is in its final and sixth season. Again, a wonderful cast, and six years is a doggone great run for any science fiction series. Too many get one season and then that's all brother.

I was again dubious when I heard the premise for the brand new CW superhero TV show Superman & Lois.

My first thought was that we've really had tons of Superman productions. Animation, movie serials, films, TV shows. I mean the guy has been well covered in the media.
I get it, he's DC Comics number one guy and popular.
I like him, too.

But is there any aspect of his life that hasn't been covered in depth and many times?

Having him married to Lois, two teenage sons, moving back home to Smallville all sounded like a recipe for failure.

Wrong again, I'm loving the series and how cleverly they've developed it.

Stargirl is another one that I look forward to seeing. It has a enthusiasm and energy that's all its own. Cool to see Courtney (SG) forming a brand new version of the Justice Society.

Recently TNT has been showing Titans. It is currently in its third season but has been on a streaming network I don't subscribe to. The TNT Monday night episodes are showing the first season and in proper order. I'm impressed with seeing these DC comics younger superheroes in action. The show is dark, gritty, and violent but well done.

Legends of Tomorrow is a flat out hoot. Lots of laughs, satire, parody of just about everything you can think of. Awesome looking time-ship (The Waverider) and sets for it.

Doom Patrol. This has to be the wildest, eccentric, off-the-wall superhero TV show ever made. Wasn't too sure if this one would be so over-the-top weird that'd appeal to me.
It does.

I continue to be astounded at the high production values. that they are able to produce on these TV series with their limited budgets and tight shooting schedules.
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Mental Floss:

The beautiful mural we see on the wall of the police station contains Easter eggs representing the Justice League.

The show's Production Designer, Tyler Harron, has in the large mural the Greek Gods: Hermes (The Flash), Zeus (Superman), Hades (Batman), Hera (Wonder Woman), Apollo (Green Arrow), and Poseidon (Aquaman.)
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back at the roster for the first issue of the Justice League of America, two of the founding members of the team aren't on the mural in the police station which salutes the JL.

Green Lantern & the Martian Manhunter.

The Manhunter could have been represented by the Greek God Ares who was the god of Mars. Mars was the Manhunter's home world.

Green Lantern is trickier. Apollo represented light as well as archery. The GL's power was his alien ring which was light-based energy. However, since Apollo is already on the mural standing in for the Green Arrow, we can't use him twice.

There is a female light-based Greek god, but since Hal Jordan (Green Lantern) is male that doesn't really work.

Still, seems a shame to leave out these two founding members.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: