ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 11-18-21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 11-18-21 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

A bad movie, a fair movie, and a movie that's a little bit of both.

The bad movie is bargain-basement film making with a monster made from kitchenware. ?:

The fair movie has a very original premise with a "Dragnet" element wrapped around it. Starsky & Hutch, except that Hutch is an alien. Very Happy

The good/not-so-good movie uses a lot of early CGI clips to represent the Tron-like world of cyberspace. It seemed good at the time, but now it looks dated and sort of "pasted together".

Many of the clips used are included in the videos below.
Cool

_____________________ The Minds Eye 1990

___________________ Beyond The Mind's Eye

The Beast with 1,000,000 Eyes (1955)

Opening Statement: ~ James H. Nicholson had come up with a tremendous ad and title and pre-sold the movie to exhibitors. Then they made the movie. When the distributors viewed the finished film, they were disappointed because the ads were so much more interesting.

Note from me: Sadly, that's the case with many movies: great ads, crappy movies.

Alien Nation (1988)

Opening Statement: IMDB has several interesting trivia items for this production.

~ Sam Francisco (Mandy Patinkin) was originally going to be named George Jetson, but Hanna-Barbera wouldn't give the rights to the name. The decision to call his character "George" in the movie was kept as an in-joke to the George Jetson character name.

Note from me: I like Sam Francisco better.

The Lawnmower Man (1992)

Opening Statement: IMDB has several interesting trivia items for this production.

~ New Line Cinema had obtained the rights to the Stephen King short story "The Lawnmower Man", and the producers also had an unrelated script called "Cyber God". For economical reasons, they simply placed King's title on the production of "Cyber God", and early promotional material with that claim even went public.

King was furious at this abuse of his name, and he sued the studio to have his name and title removed from the film and promotion. The studio refused, but was eventually ordered to pay ten thousand dollars and full profits to King.

Note from me: Hey, way to GO, Stevareeno!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: