ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 12-3-21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 12-3-21 Reply with quote

img]https://i.imgur.com/Z0GchUb.jpg[/img]

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

~ A story about an alien astronaut who makes a bad landing.

~ A tale of three astronauts who don't make a landing at all!

~ A tense tale about an alien who lands on Earth and proceeds to hunt humans for sport.

The links below will help you navigate to the right threads and hunt down comments to which you can reply. Laughing

Starman (1984)

Opening Statement: IMDB has several interesting trivia items for this production.

~ Actor Jeff Bridges studied ornithology and the behavior of birds to prepare for his role as an alien in human form for this movie. Bridges particularly used the sudden jerky head movements, amongst other nuances and mannerisms, of birds for his Starman character. Bridges figured that the alien would not have human characteristics and, being encased in a human body, would act with base primitive animal instincts.

Note from me: Jeff does indeed succeed in creating some very convincing "alien" behavior".

Capricorn One (1978)

Opening Statement: IMDB has several interesting trivia items for this production.

~ Despite being portrayed as a villain, NASA provided technical assistance, including mock-up spacecraft, sets, vehicles, front screen projection expertise.

Note from me: This surprised me. Why would NASA help this production?

Predator 2 (1990)

~ The filming of the alley scene was very troublesome for the filmmakers, due to the rough neighborhood.

The alley was littered with garbage, most of which was used in the film, and plagued with large rats. Local residents angered by the noise created by the film crew would throw bottles and paper bags filled with feces from windows at the crew in the alley below.

Worst of all, the film crew found a dead body hidden among the garbage.

"The most horrible places I've ever had to film in were the alleys in downtown Los Angeles," Shane Mahan commented, "and Predator 2 was shot in a lot of those disgusting alleys. They were dirty and depressing and gross, with people peeing on walls. We'd be rigging something, and there would be rats there."

Note from me: Good Lord, the shooting locations had more gore and horrible things than the movie did! Shocked

~ Several of the alien hunting party members were played by players from the Los Angeles Lakers. Danny Glover was a big fan, and when the production needed several very tall people to play the background Predators, he asked them to help out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: