ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Trek Starships

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Star Trek Starships Reply with quote

Comparison of warp speed of the Star Trek ships.

Click on youtube video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSyfpUyzQGU
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Where No One Has Gone Before"
a video by Rifleman80

similar GIF of 1701-E

After 3 months of work, it is finally complete! This is a dedication to the Star Trek that has changed my life. My father and grandfather introduced me to Star Trek when I was 3 years old on the opening of Star Trek Generations in 1994. This is a very special video!
Credits:
All of the USS Enterprises ( 1701 to 1701-E ) by Wiley Coyote
USS Voyager and USS Defiant by Cpt LC Amaral
Danube Class Runabout by Sean Kennedy
Deep Space Nine ( Cardassian Base ) by Activision

MUSIC
"Where No One Has Gone Before"- A Star Trek Suite by SamoStudios

Video by
RifleMan80

Click here for full YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cS3oSzib3c
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chariots of Our Heroes Part I.
by RifleMan80

Part I covers Captain Archer's NX-01 through Captain James T. Kirk's NCC-1701-A Enterprises. Just slow, beauty flybys. Music: Michael W. Smith: Glory - Heroes
Enjoy!

BDT: This is the post I lost when the server went down the other day.

Link for video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onjv5xRurmc
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually your two post and Gord's two post and my Feature Thread for that day were lost because Servage One moved All Sci-Fi to a new server for the second time in three days to solve a problem we had because other customers who were on the first two servers were overloading them.

Raj Patel determined what was causing the occasional error messages we were getting, and I told Servage One that the problem needed to be fixed. They agree with Raj and moved All Sci-Fi to a second server — but after I encountered the problem again late that afternoon, I told the Servage One folks about it and they moved the board again!

During that second relocation, Bulldogtrekker and Gordon and I made posts that got lost in the shuffle.

However, since yesterday I have experienced NO problems, and the board is now operating faster than it did earlier in the week. Very Happy

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The U.S.S. Prometheus NX-59650 is a formidable warship.

It possesses four warp nacelles, giving it a sustainable speed of warp 9.9. Its primary battle systems include regenerative shielding, ablative hull armor, and multiple phasers and torpedoes.

However, its most unique and impressive offensive capability is known as the multi-vector assault mode.

This system allows the Prometheus to split into three separate parts, all of which carry independent maneuvering and attack capabilities, effectively transforming one large ship into three smaller vessels.

This allows it to launch a coordinated three-pronged assault on a target making it much more difficult for the enemy to defend itself.

~ This was an awesome looking star ship when I first saw it on an episode of Star Trek: Voyager. The instantaneous decoupling of the three sections of the Prometheus was fantastic to view.

~ I know it was designed by the writers to be an awesome warship, but I'm unsure if Gene Roddenberry would have warmed up to the concept. Seems more Star Wars than Star Trek to me.

That's not to say that they should send out star ships unable to properly defend themselves, or with limited defensive/offensive capabilities. Some believe this indicates that the Federation of Planets is so peace minded & loving that by not fully arming ships it somehow shows how wonderful and kind we are. And also making up for Earth's history of when nations were not at all kind to one another.

~ What I'm suggesting is, fine, have the Prometheus possess its fighting abilities.

~ However, how about establishing that the three sections could also separate for exploration, investigations, first contact situations, aid & assistance & rescue operations and any other peaceful endeavors?

~ Such a television series could set it up that all three sections are fully staffed by Star Fleet trained crew.

~One section might have rescue/hospital facilities; another is pure exploration/investigation, and a third is devoted to battle when necessary even though all 3 sections can fight independently of one another or all together.

~ This way episodes could show the Prometheus fully intact for one story, then next week it is required by the plot to separate into 2 or 3 sections.
Another week might focus on just one section on a particular mission while the others are off on their own missions. And we could have two or three separate storylines going on all at once where the ship is on one specific assignment, or three different ones.

~One star ship going to one planet at a time limits the amount of good such a vessel could accomplish. Why not one ship that can separate as needed to cover multiple issues. Those issues could all be interrelated, or entirely unrelated.

~ Such a weekly series would require a very large cast to operate each of the 3 sections.

~ I'd love to see the next Star Trek TV show use this as its premise.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pow, A bold ship like that deserves to be seen!

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrific pix, Gord, thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: