ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Hey, Bud! Where have you been all week?"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject: "Hey, Bud! Where have you been all week?" Reply with quote

"Hey, Bud! Where have you been all week?" Mr. Green

Guys, I apologize for being absent from All Sci-Fi all week, but last Sunday I was walking in the woods and I stepped into a bear trap! I had to gnaw my foot off to get free, and then I crawl out of the woods! Shocked

OKay . . . that's a slight exaggeration. Embarassed

The real reason for my six-day absence is that I developed a serious infection in the bone marrow of the second toe on my right foot. I was in the hospital all week long being treated with intravenous antibiotics. I had needles in my arms with tubes hooked up to plastic bags with saline solutions, antibiotics, and Sodium ferric gluconate (for iron poor blood).

Three times every night the nurses came in and took my "vitals" (blood pressure, blood sugar, temperature, etc.)

Finally, after all that went on for five days, a pediatric surgeon solved the problem . . . by amputating my infected toe. Sad

I went into the hospital knowing that this was the only solution to the problem. So, from now on, whenever I play This Little Piggy, the piggy that ''stayed home" will be permanently absent.

I considered posting a picture of my foot to prove why I was not on duty here at ASF — but frankly it still creeps me out to see four toes were five have always been — with a gap in the middle.

Oh well, at least I have one less toe-nail to clip.
Rolling Eyes
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud, so sorry to hear of your problem. Actually, the bear trap story sounds more exciting! Seriously though, take your antibiotics ( And….just be glad they didn't have to cut anything else off!)

Last edited by Gord Green on Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud, I'm very sorry to say: Welcome to the club. Big toe, second toe, and the joints of the next two toes. The little piggy is the only one left whole.

Wishing you a quick and problem free recovery.

David.
Morbius
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud, sorry to hear that. Hope you have a successful recovery. I too have a toe story. A vice fell on my toes, right foot right toes. Worst pain ever. Went to the emergency room and they administered pain shots and took x-rays. I asked them it they could put a pin in. They said there was noting there to put a pin in, just mangled pieces. They said it would eventually heal if not like new but at least there still attached.
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that sucks. Sorry to hear about your bum toe Bud. Bone infections are no fun. Here’s hoping for a fast, uneventful recovery.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy mackerel, the messages above is the best medicine I've gotten all week — and I've been gettin' lots of medicine! Very Happy

Guys, thanks for demonstrating just how wonderful my All Sci-Fi friends really are! And the fact that you've all had similar unpleasant experiences proves that you completely sympathize with my situation.

In addition to this, I've still got 11 new post to enjoy from you folks that were made while was in the hospital!

Thanks for giving All Sci-Fi frequent transfusions of new ideas to keep it "in the pink" while I was lounging around in a hospital bed like a lazy bum, flirting with nurses like this one.

Of course, the night nurse was the one who insisted on waking me up at 3:00 AM every night to take my vitals. But she was so nice about it that I really didn't mind.

So, despite the fact that I desperately missed the comfort of my own home — the Bud Cave and all it's self-indulgent advantages —

— the experience has verified that All Sci-Fi isn't just enjoyed by me, it's enjoyed by you fine folks as well.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your nurse sent a picture of you as you were leaving the hospital!

Bud lets it all hang out!

trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photo Gord. His new delta tau name is …

BUTT Brewster
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sure, laugh it up, Cat Boy!
Embarassed

But now I can go into a singles bar and pick up chicks by casually mentioning that I have "two pinkies on my right foot".

(The surgeon left the lower half of the toe, and it looks a bit like a fat pinkie.) Laughing

When the lady asks me to prove it, I'll just say, "Well gee, Honey, I don't want to take off my shoe and sock right here in the bar . . . so let's go back to my place."
Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Contact All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: