ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 1-10-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:04 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 1-10-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

A body disappears and a captain named Midnight saves the day — two days, in fact! Cool

The posts below should tempt you guys to add a little something — or a big something! Very Happy

The Body Disappears (1941)

Opening Statement:
Pow wrote:
Loved Jane Wyman in Miracle in the Rain, beautiful & moving movie.

Have read that in real life she was a no-nonsense tough customer not to be trifled with. She was said to be much like her autocrat character on Falcon Crest.

Well, by gum, in her younger days she was just the cutest thing in shoe leather (as they used to say), and I adore that gal in several 1940s movies I've enjoyed on TCM.

I gaze at her lovely and animated face like a school boy with his first crush! (*sigh*) Rolling Eyes

And yet the cold-hearted matriarch she played in Pollyanna is the villain of the piece — until Hayley Mills works her magic on the entire town! Very Happy

Jane's adorable face and impish charm is impossible to catch in a photograph, but the video below will make my point in the first few seconds, gentlemen!
Cool

____________Kid Nightingale - (Original Trailer)

Captain Midnight (1954 - 1956)

Opening Statement: I posted about this episode earlier, but I watched it again today and decided to boast about it a bit more. Very Happy

When it comes to presenting an imaginative and action-packed story, this one is a prime example! Cool

Foreign spies kidnap a brilliant scientists, inject him with sodium pentathol (the "truth serum"), and then hide him in a WWII bomber which is about to be used as a target for a new ballistic missile. Only Captain Midnight can save him!

How does he do it? If I told you, I don't think you'd believe it. But trust me when I say that it's the most amazing rescue of all time!

____ Captain Midnight S1E02 The Electronic Killer

Captain Midnight (1954 - 1956)

Opening Statement: The video below starts with a commercial — but it's a commercial like nothing which kids today have ever seen on television! Shocked

Captain Midnight addresses the audience directly as he tells the children of America that when they grow up they will become the leaders and vital personnel of our society.

And this lofty concept is then illustrated with short but dramatic scenes filmed with young people dressed in various costumes, each doing and important job — such as a boy guarding our coastline as a Navel Seaman, another boy parachuting into enemy territory as a member of the Air Force, and a young girl passing out medical supplies as a nurse who is aiding injured citizens!

Guys, this isn't just an ad for Ovaltine. It's a powerful motivational message for America's youth which inspires them to become ambitious and productive citizens!

Captain Midnight was a program that spoke to the hearts and minds of the young generation who put a man on the Moon, ten years later!

The episode itself is perhaps the best example of how Captain Midnight serves his local community — and in return they come to his aid when he himself is in mortal danger! Shocked

The scene in which his sidekick, Ikky, puts out a general alarm to all local Secret Squadron members to help find their missing leader is terrific! The montage shot of various members around the city listening intently to the message being broadcast through there own "pocket communicators" demonstrates the remarkable range in both age and gender of these loyal supporters! Very Happy

It's a perfect example of how noble and inspirational this series was back in the 1950s. Watch the video below and revisit the Golden Age of Science Fiction in a way that no other series or classic movie can make possible!
Cool

______ Captain Midnight S1E05 Death Below Zero

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: