ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 1-15-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 1-15-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

A cheap sci-fi movie with real beach girls and fake monster, and strange science fiction movie about a doomed space mission, and a comment about the Battlestar: Galactica reboot.

Wow, you never know what the members of All Sci-Fi are going to post about! Confused

The Beach Girls and the Monster (1965)

Opening Statement:

IMDB has several interesting trivia items for this production.

~ Most of the interior shots - specifically all those of the Lindsay home - were shot at the Brentwood residence of Henry and Shirley Rose at 816 Glenmere Way in West Los Angeles. The Roses were friends of the producer, Edward Janis, with Shirley Rose also being the film's art director. The office scene was shot at the business office of Henry Rose.

Note from me: Nothing smooths out the production of a movie than having property owned by the producer and director be available for interior scenes which don't cost very much.

High Life (2018)

Opening Statement:
17 Oaks wrote:
The official write up on it:

"Monte and his baby daughter are the last survivors of a damned and dangerous mission to the outer reaches of the solar system. They must now rely on each other to survive as they hurtle toward the oblivion of a black hole."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4827558/

To sum it up: I have seen better films on the eye of an old dog.

Wow, if that doesn't warn me to stay away from this one, I'd gleeful play in traffic with no idea that I was about to die!

Battlestar Galactica (2004 series)

Opening Statement:
Morbius wrote:
Even the Cylon ships were a composite of technology and organic. The Cylon ships themselves had their own identity. (Makes me wonder if UFOs are actually AI individuals, thus accounting for extreme velocity and direction changes.)

What a brilliant idea! Very Happy

The idea that UFOs aren't alien spacecraft, they're actually alien beings is fascinating. The small size of many UFOs and their almost "playful" maneuvers seems to fit your idea very well.

And your theory about how organic beings involve until they create artificial intelligence, and then the A.I. invents organic life in a higher form is mind boggling as well.

Bravo, Maurice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: