ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 3-18-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:20 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 3-18-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

Custer demonstrates the range of his tastes in entertainment with the three posts below.

I wish our friend in Great Britain did live "across the pond" as the say, because it means I can't talk with him on the phone the way I do with several other All Sci-Fi members without draining my bank account with the phone bill came! Shocked

To bad I can't do that "Force thing" where he and I seem to be in the same place, talking to each other, when we're actually light years apart! Cool

Some Like It Hot (1959)

According to some random post on Tumblr, Marilyn Monroe wanted "Some Like It Hot" (1959) to he filmed in colour, and even wrote so in her contract. The film was done in black & white because director Billy Wilder thought that co-stars Tony Curtis & Jack Lemmon would look more believable as women if shot in black and white.

Whether this is a proper colour photograph, or cunningly converted into colour, I don't know, but it looks convincing!

As far as I can remember, the title comes from a discussion about music, and the merits of jazz. "Some like it hot - I myself prefer classical music."

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow (CW 2016)

[size=18]I must say I quite enjoyed episode one; it seemed a logical spin-off from The Flash and Arrow. Heatwave seemed the most sensible of the characters, I guess, but hey, they need time to settle down.

"Doctor Who crashes into the DC tv universe" might not be a totally unfair verdict, with Rip Hunter as a renegade Time Lord, but at least his Tardis doesn't look like a police public telephone box. Smile

The Force Awakens (2015)

The original Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire was created not just as a novel... the idea was to do a spin-off that was "a movie without a movie," so that there was quite a lot of merchandising. Maybe not as much as for one of the actual Star Wars movies, but statuettes, action figures, micro machines, trading cards, a video game, and even a soundtrack, though not by John Williams.

According to the Wikipedia page, George Lucas reportedly said he would have made a story like this into a movie, if he had had the time and effort to do so back in the early 1980s.

Is it just me, or does the face in the background look a little like an elderly Mark Hamill, if he turned to the Dark Side...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: