ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 4-1-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 4-1-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

What have I selected for today's featured threads? Confused

~ An interesting question about a Star Trek TOS episode that deserves serious consideration. Mr. Green

~ A story about a functionally illiberal society composed of dimwits who watch television all the time. (Thank God THAT will never happen in America! Rolling Eyes)

~ A discussion about a TOS episode which involved flying parasitic pizzas what controlled the minds of the people they attached themselves to! (Just when you thought it was safe to answer the door when the Domino's guy rang the bell! Shocked)

Which TOS alien threat would endanger Earth the most?

On September 10, 2019, I posed the following question in the Featured Threads for that day.

~ Which of the alien threats in the TOS episodes below would be the most dangerous to life here on Earth?

The three episodes I named were The Gamesters of Triskelion, The Immunity Syndrome, and Operation — Annihilate!

I chose the answer which stated this.

~ They would ALL either wipe out or enslave mankind!

Here's the reasons I chose for that answer.

If the powerful aliens in The Gamesters of Triskelion discovered the billions people on Earth, they would use them to provide their entertainment for centuries — the way they did in the story we saw! Shocked

And if the giant "space cell" in The Immunity Syndrome wandered into the solar system, Earth would have been engulfed and destroyed. Sad

Finally, there's this.

If the cell-like life forms in Operation — Annihilate! ever migrated across space and reached Earth, we would all have been infected by those horrible creatures and enslaved by their pain-inducing invasion!
]

Fahrenheit 451 (1966)

I was 14 years old when my family went to the Seattle Worlds Fair, and I was able to ride the monorail. I've been to Disneyland several times with my own kids. LOVE those monorails! Cool

It's unfortunate that the monorails we thought would be common in the future never came to past. Sad

Operation — Annihilate! episode #29

Gord Green wrote:
The parasitic aspect of the alien organism could be spread from planet to planet as the Enterprise carried out it's five year mission eventually bringing it to the Earth.

Right! And the organisms were already spreading themselves through space in a line across the galaxy, so each of the planets the Enterprise spread itto would become the source of a new migration through space.

I'll have to watch this episode again to refresh my memory about just how much control the parasites had over the people they inhabited. The man who flew a small spacecraft into the sun at the beginning of the episode was not experiencing the kind of control that would allow the organisms to make the Enterprise crewmen operate the ship in an normal manner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: