ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
Nothin' but pure science fiction!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Ark (2022 proposed SYFY series)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2021 to Tomorrow!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject: The Ark (2022 proposed SYFY series) Reply with quote

From The Futon Critic:

The Syfy Channel has cast their brand new series, The Ark , and begun production at PFI Studios in Belgrade, Serbia.

The show is the creation of Producer Dean Devlin,("Independence Day," & "Stargate.")

Schema: The Ark takes place 100-years in the future when planetary colonization missions have begun as a necessity to help secure the survival of the human race.

The first of these missions is on a spacecraft known as Ark One. The spaceship has encountered a catastrophic event causing massive destruction and loss of life.

With more than a year left to go before reaching their target planet, a lack of life-sustaining supplies and loss of leadership, the remaining crew must become the best versions of themselves to remain on course and survive.

The Crew: Low-ranking officer, Lt. Sharon Garnet is not one to embrace the spotlight but she finds herself rising to the occasion when tragedy strikes Ark One.

Lt. Spencer Lane, another low-ranking officer, believes that only the strongest will survive and is resentful when his leadership skills are questioned.

Alicia Nevins is a brilliant young woman on the Waste Management team who is being wildly under-utilized.

Angus Medford is an insecure young man, except when it comes to his specialty: horticulture and Farming.

James Brice oversees the Ark One's navigational system.

Sidebar: I've enjoyed Dean Devlin's SF films, and this new series sounds intriguing to me.

Sidebar: It does have elements of Harlan Ellison's The Starlost, and Disney's Earth Star Voyager, and Star Command for sure, but that doesn't indicate that this show will be different in its own manner.

Sidebar: With today's state-of-the-art CGI they should be able to make such an ambitious concept like Ark One a handsome looking reality.

Last edited by Pow on Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a terrific series, Pow! I'm looking forward to it.

I can't find anything about it on IMDB, but the SyFY website (<— link) has an article about it.

From that website I discovered the the series is actually called "The Ark", and the spacecraft's name is Ark One. So, I altered the title of this thread accordingly. You might want to revise your post a little to reflect the difference between the series and the ship.

Here's what the article by The Futon Critic states.

thefutoncritic.com wrote:
SYFY's "The Ark" has begun production at PFI Studios in Belgrade, Serbia..

The Ark takes place 100 years in the future when planetary colonization missions have begun as a necessity to help secure the survival of the human race.

The first of these missions on a spacecraft known as Ark One encounters a catastrophic event causing massive destruction and loss of life.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2021 to Tomorrow! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: