ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 4-3-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 4-3-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

Today we have a few words about the British CGI version of Thunderbids Are Go! (which I have downloads of the whole first seaspon Cool), a few more comments about One Million Years B.C., and some high praise for The Rocketeer.

~ Yes, I know, Scot. I made their faces too red. Damn, I really need to work on that . . . Rolling Eyes

Anyway, here's two great movies and one that was a million years out of date when it was released. Rolling Eyes

Star Trek: The Animated Series (1973-1975)

[size=20]Indeed yes! If you've ever seen the British CGI series Thunderbirds Are Go! you'll know how well a CGI Star Trek could be. Take a look!

___ Thunderbirds Are Go | Season 3 Best Moments

Website called KissCartoon seems to have all of season 3 (Free!), and the first one started playing with no hassle.

Update 3/27/2022: Google says that Kisscartoon.xyz is NOT safe! Shocked

Back when we could download things (illegally) from various sites (most of which are gone now), Bulldogtrekker and I downloaded all of season 1 and love it!

You can't buy the DVDs from Amazon (they're region 2) but you can watch them if you have Amazon Prime.

[/size]

One Million Years B.C. (1966 England)

A friend of mine had communicated with Jim Danforth extensively in connection with articles he'd written about Jim and stop motion in Wonder Magazine (a fanzine), and he said Danforth was a very tempestuous fellow.

My friend said Danforth hated Jurassic Park, calling it "a bad movie, with terrible special effects." Confused

However, in all fairness I should mention that I attended Harryhausen's lecture at the Georgia State campus in Atlanta just before Clash of the Titans came out, and afterwards I asked him what he thought of Caveman.

Ray looked at me without smiling and said, "I don't like send-ups."

Later, I looked up the definition of a "send up" to be sure I knew what he meant. It means "an act of imitating someone or something in order to ridicule them; a parody."

Apparently Ray took Caveman as a deliberate attempt to insult his serious prehistoric epic . . . which had no real dialog and damn little plot. Rolling Eyes

The Rocketeer (1991)

Pow wrote:
Never understood why TR was not a smash hit for Disney. It remains one of the best superhero movies ever done & should have spawned a franchise.

In 2001 I watched The Rocketeer with my mother, just to spend some quality time with her because my father had passed away recently.

Mom was an avid reader, including science fiction (Arthur C. Clark for example), but she was never a big movie fan. I wanted to share something lighthearted and fun with her, and The Rocketeer seemed perfect.

She watched the movie without reacting much, but I was sure she was enjoying it. Very Happy

The following weekend I asked her if she'd watch The Colossus of New York with me, since she and Dad had taken my sister and I to a drive-in to see it in 1958. She said she didn't remember the occasion, but she agreed to watch it.

Early into the movie she started laughing at what she considered the silly story and the bad special effects! I asked her if we could please not watch the rest, because I was not very happy about her ridiculing one of my favorite sci-fi movies.

She said that was fine but that she had actually enjoyed the part she saw more than that silly movie about the guy with the rocket on his back! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: