ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 4-5-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 4-5-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

Three interesting post which I couldn't have written better myself! Very Happy

Wait . . . I did write them. Embarassed

Okay, three interesting posts which could sure use some brilliant replies for the noble men of All Sci-Fi!

Think of yourselves as Cyber Superheroes, saving our endanger message board from melting away like the Wicked Bitch of the North.

Oops, that doesn't sound quite right. I think she was the Wicked Bitch of the West.

Well, anyway, help me keep All Sci-Fi solid and insoluble. I know the job is a real bitch, but somebody's gotta do it. Rolling Eyes

Invisible Strangler (1976) (The Astral Factor)

johnnybear wrote:
. . . that lady in the photo sure ain't her, Bud!!! The copy I have is also a very poor quality version sadly!

Yep, you're right, JB. I have no idea who that is.

But I always us the same thumbnails from YouTube that go with the links, no matter how bad they are, because whenever I find a thumbnail that no longer displays on a post, it means the YouTube video has been removed! Sad

When that happens, I start looking for a replacement, regardless of whose post it is. It's just a free service we provide for our valued members here on All Sci-Fi. Cool

By the way, does your copy of the movie look like the YouTube version? It isn't great, but it's watchable.
]

Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country (1991)

I love this movie, but while watching my DVD of it tonight I was annoyed by the frequent references to "magnetic boots" and "gravity boots" as if the two concepts were the same.

Clearly, they are not.

This is a prime example of how the screenwriters in Hollywood on the early Star Trek films didn't know enough about science to avoid making embarrassing blunders like this.

Trancers (1984)

Five of the Trancers films were on YouTube when I wrote this post, and I've downloaded them all using SaveFromNet for YouTube. I'm hoping they won't disappoint me.

The first one below is a different version of the one I posted in the message above. It's 4:3. (Just FYI, guys.) Cool

UPDATE April 4th, 2020: They're all gone from YouTube now, but I have the downloads and can put any-or-all of them on WeTransfer if anybody want's copies.

Remember thought that one I upload it, the videos will only be there for seven day.

On a semi-related note, does anybody else remember All Sci-Fi member Jack Deth? He only has seven posts on the current board, the last of which was on April 11, 2017. But he had many post on the old board! Very Happy

He's just one of about 20 members who used to post regularly, and I greatly miss them all. The old board had 261 members, and about two dozen of them were very active and interesting folks!

Members like Bongopete, larryfoster, Rocky Jones, Andrew Kidd, boaz, and others who posted for a little while after we moved to this current version of All Sci-Fi . . . but then seemed to drift away. Sad

Guys, I hate to say it, but All Sci-Fi is a shadow of its former self. Over the years, I've tried everything I could think of to encourage the current active members to post more often, and to bring back the "lost" ones.

I've also sent numerous invitations to prominent members of the Classic Horror Film Board, and almost all them actually joined All Sci-Fi! But after joining, most of them never posted anything, or they just made a few posts and then vanished.

But I'm not going to give up, dammit, and I appreciate the handful of active, imaginative, and intelligent members who still enjoy All Sci-Fi. I want to thank them all for helping me keep it alive and entertaining. Cool

Keep up the good work, folks! Eventually we'll be the only game in town, and the members of all those poor defunct boards might must migrant here to the The Last and Best Message Board on the Web.

And now . . . who'd like to comment on Trancers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: