ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 4-6-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:16 am    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 4-6-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

Two movies with stop motion, one of which has cavemen and dinosaurs. The other one has no dinosaurs, just fantasy creatures.

The third movie has a caveman, but no dinosaurs or fantasy creatures. Go figure, eh? Confused

Well, every movie has its strength and its weaknesses, even one about frozen caveman at an arctic research station.

Caveman (1981)

Krel wrote:
The horned lizard was a mistake, stemming from a miscummunication. The producers wanted a Triceratops, but wrote "horned lizard", and that's what the effects people gave them. A horned lizard..

The horned lizard stole the show! And it ended up providing Ringo with a noble steed he could ride to defeat Tonda!

And the "goggly eyes" are magnificent. Budok alunda Caveman!_

________________________ Caveman (1981)

Jack the Giant Killer (1962)

I saw this one at a drive-in with a group of friends when it first came out. My mother chauffeured us to the drive-in, and we spent most of the time sitting on the ground close to the screen.

Here's a gallery of images to go with Spike's fine review of this classic fantasy film. Very Happy

From these images we can see that back in the early 1960s Jim Danforth's models were not quite up to the quality of Harryhausen's (nor was his animation). But by the time Mr. Danforth did the animation for When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth both his models and his animation had greatly improved. Cool

Iceman (1984)

Things have certainly changed in the five years since Bogmeister (Andrew Bogdan) added the above post to his own message board in 2014.

If Eadie hadn't stumbled across it and brought it to my attention, the thousands of post he made there (but did not tell anyone on All Sci-Fi about} during the five years he diligently maintained his board from 2010 until 2015 (with only 11 members who made a total of 7 posts!) would have been lost forever. Sad

I will never understand why my loyal and dedicated co-site administrator here on All Sci-Fi from 2008 until 2014 never revealed the existence of the Galactic Base of Science Fiction and invited us to join! Shocked

I also don't understand why he didn't add any of the posts he created there to All Sci-Fi in 2014 when he and I had to recreate the board from scratch, and we desperately needed to add material to this version after Randy Everett and I created it.

It was, at first, completely empty of posts!

Admittedly, Andrew did transfer 74 of his ASF posts from the old version to this one . . . but none of those were created for the Galactic Base of Science Fiction! Confused

However, I've been working hard for the last few months to save Andrew's reviews (like the one above), and I'm pleased by the fact that now — in 2019 — I can add a YouTube version of Iceman to this thread so that All Sci-Fi members can enjoy it. Very Happy

Guys, please help me honor the memory of our fallen comrade by replying to my "rescued reviews" of our late friend, Andrew Bogdan. He passed away at the relatively young age of 54, and I'm proud of the fact that I've been able to keep his legacy alive on All Sci-Fi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: