ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 4-14-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 4-14-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

Robinson Crusoe on Mars and Tarzan are the stars of today's show. Hey, you gotta love these guys!

They inspired us to be manly and macho when we were mere boys. That seems to be changing in today's society . . . dammit. Sad

Robinson Crusoe on Mars (1964)

Pow wrote:
Good movie. They reused the Martian ships from George Pal's War Of The Worlds.

That seems to be the case, and the design is certainly very similar. But there are several reasons to wonder if they really were the actual Martian war machines shown below.

Notice the differences. The color is not the same, the death ray extension on top is missing, the tips of the wings don't glow green, and there's a round glowing red section on the bottom.

Naturally it's entirely possible that they are the same, but that the death ray extension was removed and the props were painted (including the tips of the wings, covering the glowing green plastic).

But the most telling reason to believe these are not the actual props is the fact that in Robinson Crusoe on Mars we're obviously just seeing a two-dimension image being moved around against the background.

Watch the scenes of the ships near the beginning of this clip and take note of the fact that the ships are only shown from one angle. They never turn, and we never see them from above or the side. Always the same viewing angle.

I could be wrong, but I think they just created a single painting of the ship, based on the basic shape of Martian war machines, and they used it for all the ships we see. A painting would save them the trouble of wrestling with those large, heavy copper props from War of the Worlds. And making the modifications I described would be easy! Very Happy
]

I Married a Monster from Outer Space (1958)

Krel wrote:
. . . a German Shepard's chompers are more powerful than a high-powered rifle bullet. NEVER mess with the relatives of Rin Tin Tin.

I checked the video below to be sure I was remembering the scene accurately.

One of the interesting things about the aliens is the weird glow that surrounds them, and I think it was supposed to be a force field that protected them. Perhaps it reacted to any metal object, such as a knife, a club, or even bullets.

But the heroic German Shepherd wasn't affected by the force field, and the dog ripped loose one of the fluid-filled tubes between the head and the body. That's what killed the alien.

Dogs Vs Aliens - I Married A Monster From Outer Space

3 Mighty Joe Young (1949)

I have to admit, the idea of a Might Joe Young and Tarzan movie sounds like a promising concept — especially with somebody other than poor Mr. Weissmuller, who's never impressed me very much. Sad

Tarzan was never supposed to talk like Tonto. Lord Graystoke spoke several languages . . . Rolling Eyes

Joe, on the other hand, was smart enough to understand the things Terry Moore said to him, and Tarzan always "had a way" with all animals. So, it would be interesting to see the two of them teaming up for some noble purpose.

Here's an interesting thought. Monkeys are great at swinging through the trees, but gorillas are too heavy, so Joe would be WAY too heavy! With that in mind, imagine a scene in which Tarzan and Joe are rushing to the rescue someone!

Joe is racing along the ground, leaping over obstacles and crashing through the underbrush — while Tarzan keeps up with him overhead, swinging from the vines, running along the larger branches, and occasionally dropping down onto Joe's back to hitch a ride!

God, that would be so cool! Cool

Or picture a scene in which a group of white hunters and their native bearers are trying to capture Joe with nets a ropes. Joe fights valiantly, but the men manage to restrain him. Suddenly we hear Tarzan's yell, and the terrified natives begin to flee. Joe is about to break loose as the natives let go of the ropes and nets.

One of the hunters is about to shoot Joe to save his own cowardly white ass when . . . Tarzan drops down into their midst and fights shoulder-to-shoulder with his pal, Mr. Joseph Young of Africa!

After the battle is over, Tarzan deals personally with one of the Great White Hunters.

Here's another idea.

Tarzan is captured by a hostile tribe, and Joe comes to HIS rescue! Imagine Joe wading into this fight to save his partner!

And then there's this idea.

The story involves a group of "killer gorillas" terrorizing peaceful native tribes. In that story, Tarzan is about to be overwhelmed by the savage simians . . . but again Joe comes to his rescue!

The alpha male of this group is an unusually large and savage animal, a beast that even Tarzan needs help with!

The exciting climax is when the brutal alpha male kidnaps Terry Moore. It's up to Tarzan and Joe to save her!

Man, I'd LOVE to write the story on which this imaginary sequel is based!

God A'mighty, come on, guys! Think like a Writer and post a few imaginative ideas of your own. Don't just "watch" movies and "read" books . . . create new ones all by yourself which never existed!

That's one of the main reasons All Sci-Fi was first created — to present all those UNMADE movies and those UNWRITTEN stories! I know damn well I'm not the only one around here smart enough to do this! Very Happy

Share your own ideas with us, guys! We NEED 'em!
[/size]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: