ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow (CW 2016)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say I quite enjoyed episode one; it seemed a logical spin-off from The Flash and Arrow. Heatwave seemed the most sensible of the characters, I guess, but hey, they need time to settle down.

"Doctor Who crashes into the DC tv universe" might not be a totally unfair verdict, with Rip Hunter as a renegade Time Lord, but at least his Tardis doesn't look like a police public telephone box. Smile
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyro mini is a new $150 gadget that throws fireballs!

I just watched this video again, and I was amazed anew by this teeny tiny hi-tech flame throwing gizmo!

This is exactly what I see Firestorm do each week on DC Legends of Tomorrow! (Only it's bigger on that show . . . )

But it's still cool that these guys made a miniature version of it.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:22 pm; edited 6 times in total
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team has moved on a bit since the last post, and we are now Firestorm-less. I must say that I thought February 19th's "Here I Go Again" (S03E13) episode was absolutely wonderful, and hilarious at times too.

We start with the team returning from a vital mission to get Napoleon's defeat in 1815 back on timeline-track... so naturally they succeeded by singing "Waterloo" to him, we are told... and they are still wearing the appropriate Abba-style costumes.

Then things get complicated, and Zari is, it seems, caught in a 60-minute "time loop," which inevitably ends in the ship's destruction. She manages to convince Nathaniel Heywood, who tells her just to quickly tell him "Groundhog Day" on future runs through the loop...which she does, after saying "Hedgehog Day" the first time. The various loops get increasingly wild, and we learn a lot about the various team members... would you believe Mick Rory has been secretly typing a science fiction romance novel? And then things get even more complicated, so that Zari encounters the human form of Gideon on a seemingly otherwise deserted Wave Rider. More than that about the plot I shouldn't really say.

Heywood does make reference to "Time's Arrow" from Star Trek: The Next Generation, but this is a whole other thing, feel-good and funny. And then right at the end, we switch to Rip Hunter approaching Kid Flash...
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New DC's Legends of Tomorrow Trailer: Supergirl Sara, a Truthful Family Vacation, Marilyn and More Teased for Season 4B

https://tvline.com/2019/03/25/legends-of-tomorrow-trailer-season-4-returns-april-1/

Some “super” costume changes are on tap for DC's Legends of Tomorrow when the CW series resumes Season 4 next Monday, April 1 at 8/7c.

In the first episode back, titled Lucha De Apuestas, the Legends head to 1961 Mexico City to clean up Mona’s mess, after the Kaupe got loose. Meanwhile, Nate and Zari go on a recon mission to find out what Hank might be hiding from everyone.

Then on April 8, in The Getaway, Hank commandeers the Waverider in 1973, sending the Legends on the run in an RV after kidnapping a President Nixon who is only able to tell the truth. Meanwhile, Nate and Zari, with the help of Nora and Gary, work together to find out what Hank is really up to.

Once again, DC's Legends of Tomorrow returns Monday, April 1 at 8 pm; Arrow as such will begin airing an hour later, starting April 15.

Watch the full trailer (at the site and tell us which snippet most caught your attention.

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: legends of tomorrow Reply with quote

Gord Green wrote:
Well, the first episode was AWESOME! Very well done and very promising. I'm looking forward to more.

Super heroes, time travel, and good fight scenes — what more is there?

Your post reminded me that I fell out of the habit of watching this series when the late Bulldogtreker and I both decided to stop watching it together each week when the episodes aired.

But Netflix streams this series, so maybe I'll pick up where I left off and get back into it again.

Speaking of Netflix, I've learned that as of December 1st my LG Blu-ray player will no longer stream Netflix because they're "upgrading" their streaming technology, and my venerable old LG Blu-ray player (from 2011) can't keep up!

I've order a Roko streaming stick from Walmart to fix this unfortunate problem. Has anybody else had problems with this Netflix decision to upgrade?

Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sneak Peek: Constantine Visits Astra in Hell

https://www.tvguide.com/news/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-sneak-peek-constantine-visits-astra-in-hell/?rss=breakingnews

Astra (Olivia Swann) is back and badder than ever in this exclusive clip from DC's Legends of Tomorrow's upcoming episode. And on a completely unrelated topic, Constantine (Matt Ryan) needs a drink.

Though talking with Astra obviously causes him a lot of pain, that doesn't stop Constantine from offering an olive branch, telling her they don't have to be enemies in this sneak peek at Tuesday's new episode. Astra isn't biting though (unless you count that gruesome piece of meat she's nomming on), at which point Constantine ends his little sojourn into hell.

Poor Ava (Jes Macallan) and Sara (Caity Lotz) won't get much of a post-mission debrief out of him until he gets a drink in him, but at least no one can accuse Sara of not knowing her team — even well enough to finish their sentences! Here's hoping Constantine can turn Astra around, though maybe not considering she doesn't exactly have the best track-record when partnering up with the Legends.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow airs Tuesdays at 9/8c on The CW.

Sneak Peek: DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, the CW network has cancelled this fun and funny SF series that is always a wild ride into the unexpected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: