ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Parallel universes and reincarnation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Discussions in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 4:10 pm    Post subject: Parallel universes and reincarnation Reply with quote

Today I had a bizarre idea, and I just wanted to jot it down here before I forgot it. I also wanted to share it with all you members who are just itchin' to post a few replies on All Sci-Fi.

So, try to imagine this.

Every human being is a symbiotic relationship between their physical body and a non-corporeal being — which we might call a "soul". The body and the "soul" are separate beings, but they share the body's experiences and emotions.

Conflicts sometimes occur between these two "beings", and these can cause problems for this symbiotic life form — the kind of problems which result in deep psychological traumas, and which allow psychotherapists to make big bucks for just talking to troubled individuals. Rolling Eyes

But here's the good part, guys.

When a physical body dies, the "soul" automatically travels to the next parallel universe and inhabits the body of . . . a baby being born at that the moment! Confused

Bear in mind, the soul has no control over this process, and it's not even aware of it. It just happens as a "natural law", like gravity and inertia. There's no "god" making this happen. It's like "love" — no one can explain it, but it makes the world go round. Very Happy

So, our souls are immortal, but they don't go to "'heaven". They're drawn into a new physical body which has just begun it's life.

This transfer tends to eradicate most of the soul's previous memories — but not all of them. For example, skills that have been learned in the previous life might be retained in the new one. Artists tend to remain artists, mathematicians are still good at math, etc.

For this reason, geniuses and great artists tend to the humans born with the right physical properties, combined with the "souls" which retain gifts in the same areas!

A double whammy, do to speak. Very Happy

But the bottom line is this; each physical body is starting out life anew, and the non-corporeal beings have their own separate characteristics — along with the fragmented remnants of previous lives.

And finally, consider this.

If what I've described is actually true, it would explain mankind's somewhat misguided religious beliefs about the existence of God, our immortal "souls", and the concept of reincarnation. Each soul simply bounces from body-to-body and from universe-to-universe, sharing the lives of the physical bodies during their brief existence.

Remember, these are two radically different life forms, and they're never fully aware of each other! In fact, the concept of a "conscious mind" and a "subconscious mind" might be based on the symbiotic relationship of these two beings! Shocked

So, there you have it, guys! Another wild idea from Bud Brewster, the crazy guy who has struggled to keep All Sci-Fi alive and well for 17 damn years! Shocked

Damn, am I cool or what? Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Discussions in General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: