ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tremors 3: Back to Perfection (2001)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2001 to 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Spike
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Tremors 3: Back to Perfection (2001) Reply with quote

Ass Blasters R US!

The third movie in the Tremors series of films is adequate entertainment for the fans. Michael Gross returns as Burt, who in turn returns to Perfection to find it a tourist haven of Graboid fans. Into the mix is a nefarious real estate deal that threatens the very existence of the townsfolk. But of course, the Graboids and their mutated offspring don't care about such things.

If you're not expecting too much then this serves up some good straight-to-video fun. The formula remains the same, with Burt the paranoid savior of Perfection getting some good lines, while the return of characters from the first film is a splendid bonus for the fans. There's some snarky asides to the perils/cheats of tourist traps, and the real estate rape of the land angle is driven home without overkill. Safe if undemanding creature feature fare. 6/10

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started out not liking this 3rd installment very much, but by the end I caught myself enjoying it.

Ditto for your post -- except that I liked it from the beginning. Very Happy

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may just have to plump up my Netflix queue and revisit this one.

WayneO
-----------
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To borrow a little from both "Jaws" and Pike's Family Nursery, "Just when you thought it was safe to play in the dirt again . . . " Shocked

Burt Gummer and the friendly folks in Perfection just can't get a break. Now the graboid's offspring can fly!

This third film in the series doesn't have the magic of the first one, but we don't feel cheated, because those big wacky earth worms have formed their own Air Force and now they can attack from on high, using their heat sensing organs.

They also come equipped with booster rockets for fast take-offs — explosive farts that launch them like Roman candles!

But there's still one of the original graboids around too, and a team of government agents show up to trap it. It doesn't go too well . . .

The on-going battle between the humans and the non-humans is filled with tense moments and clever strategies, making this a true treat to watch.

I wasn't too impressed by the poster for this one, so I dressed it up a little. This is what I started with —

— and this (the same one shown at the top of this post) is what I ended up with. Very Happy

But I still wasn't happy with it . . . so I made one more little change.

Aaaaah . . . there we go! Very Happy
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Tremors 3: Back to Perfection (2001) Reply with quote

The Spike wrote:
Michael Gross returns as Burt, who in turn returns to Perfection to find it a tourist haven of Graboid fans.

It's logical that there would be public and scientific interest in Graboids, but the budget didn't allow for this to be done on a larger scale. However, the "small scale" treatment of these elements was actually more appropriate for the franchise, so I don't really fault the producers for this. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2001 to 2010 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: