ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cats & Dogs (2001)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2001 to 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Cats & Dogs (2001) Reply with quote

We think these fuzzy critters are just unintelligent life forms who live among us brilliant humans by virtue of our generous nature and our strong need to keep veterinarians gainfully employed.

But no, that's not really the case, folks. The most intelligent life forms on this planet aren't homo sapiens at all -- it's the canines and felines, and they've got the the hi-tech gismos to prove it!

If you doubt my claim, peruse this lively tale of inter-species conflict and covert espionage, resplendent with four-legged secret agents equipped with enough advanced technology to stock a Krell lab.

This first of two features which used this interesting premise didn't do all that great, but the sequel Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore was a better movie all the way around, even though the all-knowing, all-seeing, all full-of-it critics slammed it brutally.

Here's what Wikipedia says:

Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore received almost universally negative reviews.

Review aggregate Rotten Tomatoes reports that 14% of 94 critics have given the film positive reviews, with an average score of 3.6/10.

The critical consensus is: "Dull and unfunny, this inexplicable sequel offers little more than the spectacle of digitally rendered talking animals with celebrity voices."

Don't believe these lying dogs (pardon the expression) because I enjoyed the DVD I got from Netflix so much I watched it twice in two days and then bought a copy!

My theory is that many of those critics were just sissified "cat persons" who didn't like the fact that the felines were the villains.
Cool

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon May 16, 2022 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My initial enthusiasm for this movie and the sequel has dwindled a bit. Frankly, the trailer doesn't convince me I'm wrong.

Oh well . . . Rolling Eyes

_________ Cats & Dogs Theatrical Trailer (2001)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2001 to 2010 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: