ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Resident Evil: Extinction (2007)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2001 to 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Resident Evil: Extinction (2007) Reply with quote

(from Wikipedia)

Resident Evil: Extinction is a 2007 science fiction action horror film and the third installment in the Resident Evil film series, which is based on the Capcom survival horror series Resident Evil. The film follows the heroine Alice, along with a group of survivors from Raccoon City, as they attempt to travel across the Mojave desert wilderness to Alaska and escape a zombie apocalypse. The film was directed by Russell Mulcahy and produced by Paul W. S. Anderson.

The film was released in the United States on September 21, 2007 and was commercially successful, grossing $147,717,833 worldwide. The film received mixed reviews from critics. It was released on DVD and Blu-ray in North America on January 1, 2008.

This film was initially intended to be called Resident Evil: Afterlife according to the leaked script. For unknown reasons, it was renamed to Resident Evil: Extinction. The title Afterlife was used for the fourth installment of the series.

(partial synopsis with possible spoilers)

The film begins with Alice (Milla Jovovich) apparently waking up at the mansion, as in the beginning of the first Resident Evil. Alice defeats obstacles she had encountered or watched being encountered in the first film, though she is eventually killed by a bouncing mine. Her body is dumped into a pit that is full of Alice clones. The camera zooms out from the underground facility's camouflaged entrance.

Despite all the Umbrella activities and attempts to quarantine and sanitize Raccoon City, the virus managed to leave the quarantine, and it has spread around the world. As organisms were infected, the environment became destroyed. Umbrella has placed facilities underground to prevent the human survivors from finding out about Umbrella's experiments. Five years after the spread, the rest of the world eventually turned into deserted wastelands.

(My take on this movie)

I'm not a horror fan (big surprise, huh?) and I think maybe the synopsis for this movie on Wikipedia is so detailed you won't have to see the movie to enjoy the story.

If I'm wrong, please tell me. I love being wrong when it means I get to watch a good movie. Very Happy

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Bongopete
Interstellar Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to comment on this movie.....but decided to only wish that extinction would come to this now.

The first one was enjoyable, but . . . it's old now.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This trailer looks so good I think I'll give this one a try!

________ Resident Evil: Extinction (2007) trailer

Bogmeister
Galactic Fleet Vice Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Third film in the franchise, after Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004).

Though Raccoon City was nuked near the end of the last film, a brief narration near the start of this film explains that this did not contain the zombie threat as planned. The virus spread to the rest of world, also causing most vegetation to die out, turning the planet into a desert world.

Why such a virus would kill off plants as well, I can't figure out, but it does facilitate the new 'look' of this sequel, a wasteland now copying The Road Warrior style of post-apocalyptic terror.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2001 to 2010 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: