ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Adventures of Jonny Quest (ABC 1964 - 1965)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pow wrote:
Although the show garnered critical praise, it was canceled after one season due to its high production costs.

Each episode cost $64,000.

Call me a snob, but any 2D animation that isn't TV quality just doesn't have much appear for me. The drawings aren't really very good, and the movements are too simple.

Compare shows like this one to the magnificent CGI of Thurderbirds, with it's spectacular designs.
Very Happy
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed Jonny Quest and Doug Wildey's marvelous designs and shadings of various objects.

The stories were fun action adventure ones, and there were cool gadgets and larger than life villains.

Naturally comparing Jonny to the terrific Thunderbirds Are Go CGI show is going to have the Quest show come out on the short end given they are 50 years apart in technological capabilities.

For its time JQ was entertaining and imaginative and provides fans like myself with good memories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: