ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Last Man On Earth (Fox 2015)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: The Last Man On Earth (Fox 2015) Reply with quote

I saw a trailer for this last night and I was interested. From Wikipedia and IMDb — http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Man_on_Earth_%28TV_series%29

The Last Man On Earth is an American futuristic comedy television series created by Will Forte. The series will air on the American broadcast network Fox on March 1, 2015. The pilot episode was written by Forte and directed by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.

It is an end-of-the-world comedy that chronicles the life and adventures of an average man who discovers what life is like when no one is telling you what you can or cannot do.

According to the cast list, the title is a misnomer, UNLESS these regulars are used only in flash-backs.

Will Forte as Phil Miller

The last human on Earth in the year 2022, who searches the entire United States for any signs of other living humans after an unknown event wipes out the entire population of Earth, including his family and the employees at the bank where he worked.

January Jones as Melissa

Kristen Schaal as Carol Pilbasian

Mel Rodriguez as Todd

Cleopatra Coleman as Erica

Mary Steenburgen-Danson (Unknown role) [She's married to Ted Danson of Cheers!]

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwnQ-SbtJug

Pye-Rate
Starship Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trailer makes it look like the show starts at 100% stupid then goes down from there.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that looks like one vote for it and one vote to avoid it like an ex-wife with Ebola.

I think I'll give it a try, just to find out if "going down" from 100% stupid means it will get smarter (by becoming less than 100% stupid), or get dumber by defying logic and going up and down at the same time. Shocked

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason that I am interested is because it's stupid. Most films of this type have an all-competent super smart guy (rarely a gal) who has to overcome some dumb obstacle that the rest of us would solve in no time.
Randy
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the first half (episode1). Episode 2 started immediately after episode 1, but, without my viewership.

10 minutes after the show started, I was repeatedly tempted to change the channel, but, I thought that I could "tough it out" and continue to watch and maybe something interesting or even funny, just might happen.

Alas, this stinker is neither funny nor interesting.
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lasted only to the first commercial. "Awful", "Terrible", "Unfunny" doesn't even begin to describe it.

I thought the suits back in the 1960s to 1970s (when I worked at 20th Century-Fox (21 TV series and 11 movies), M-G-M (5 TV series and 4 movies), Universal (2 TV series 3 movies) and Disney (6 TV series and 15 movies) where stupid BUT they were geniuses compared to what we 'endure' today!
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that many productions to your credit, Butch, I'm surprised there's no mention of you on IMDB. Sad

Without something concrete to support your statement, I'm afraid some folks might think you're fibbing a bit.

Just a thought, old friend.
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMDb is wildly inaccurate as to a lot of the material posted. Back before Star Wars (1977) the studios never credited anyone who worked on a film unless they were either the head of that department, a major figure in that department or had union (in my case IATSE 44) clout.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They may not always get their info right, Butch, but they provide a lot of info labeled "uncredited" -- everything from minor cast members to uncredited writing contributions. And they do this for movies all the way back to the turn of the century -- long before 1977 and Star Wars. So I'm not sure why you would claim there's a limit on that kind of info.

I'm certain they would have something about the work you did, if you were involved in that many productions.

Are you saying your contributions were so minor that absolutely no mention of any of them has made its way onto the most comprehensive film making database on the entire web?

Butch, help us out here. Claiming to have been a part of that many productions without having one single shred of documentation seems . . . a bit odd.

I say this as a friend, Butch. Please find some reference to the work you've done on the web, and give us the link so that no one will wonder if you're just telling tall tales.
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope these help a bit. They have been posted before on the old board.

The Time Tunnel (ABC 1966 - 1967). I'm the tech in blue at the console:

The Time Tunnel again. I'm in the lower left corner:

Lost In Space (CBS 1965 - 1968). Filming of the space barge:

Star Trek: The Motion Picture. I'm just to the right of Susan Sackett:

Logan's Run (1976). The City model:

Blow-up of me:

The Maze Cars were built upon the chassis of an HO scale monorail I had and sold to M-G-M. The tracks for it can be seen in several scenes.

In 1980 fooling around at a PSST (Puget Sound Star Trekkers) party:

Both Bill Malone and Robert Short were my guests at these cons; Bill in PSST Con II and Bob at PSST Con III.

At NorWesCon 35 in 2012 with a fan made Rocketeer costume:

Ned Mann is another unsung person in SFX. IMDb lists only 30 credits yet he worked on over 100 films!

These are from his first IMDb credited film Deluge (1933):

I have my memories, you have your suspicions. The only way to resolve this is time travel:

Finding proof of this sort (20th Century-Fox Television was a sub-company of 20th Century-Fox both of which no longer exist. The company today is 20th Century Fox (without the hyphen).
Krel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Butch, Fox really loved those jumpsuits, didn't they. Voyage, Time Tunnel, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes. I'm sure I missed some. Were those the same type of speedsuit used on The Invaders?

David.
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Da (Pye-rate) says "Yep. Almost every studio used them in the mid 1960s to early 1970s.

They were all the rage in the US Navy as work suits. They are no longer used by the Navy as a whole, but certain units do use them, like the Navy, Marine, Army and Coast Guard aviators. They come in 2 styles, long sleeve and short sleeve.

____________ ___
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the short sleeve version is way cooler than the long sleeve!

It has a belt so you can hang things around your waist, four zippered compartments on the legs, and flaps on the breast pockets (you know, so your breast won't fall out).

Yep, mighty cool. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: