ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thunderbirds Are Go! (2015)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Thunderbirds Are Go! (2015) Reply with quote

Watch The First Teaser Trailer For Thunderbirds Are Go!
I09

YouTube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T98fwuR2MDk

Here's your first good look at the Thunderbirds Are Go!, the forthcoming reboot of the 1960s British scifi series Thunderbirds.

While it won't use marionettes like the original series (a la Team America), Thunderbirds Are Go! will use live action sets overlaid with CGI by the folks at Weta Workshop, the special effects studio behind The Lord of the Rings trilogy, which we can obviously get behind.

Featured below is the first image released from the reboot. As with the original series, Thunderbirds Are Go! looks to revolve around the technologically advanced rescue efforts of Jeff Tracy and his five sons: Scott, John, Virgil, Gordon, and Allen. Here's Screen Rant with casting details: The voice cast for Thunderbirds Are Go! includes Rosamund Pike (Gone Girl) as Lady Penelope, Thomas Brodie-Sangster (The Maze Runner) as Tracy brothers Gordon and John, Rasmus Hardiker (Your Highness) as both Scott and Alan Tracy, and David Menkin (Arthur Christmas) as Virgil Tracy. Additionally, David Graham is returning as Aloysius Parker, his role from the original series.

The show premieres in 2015 on ITV.

LINK:
http://io9.com/watch-the-first-teaser-trailer-
for-thunderbirds-are-go-1675851195

From the original Thunderbirds:

Last edited by bulldogtrekker on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awaiting T with great anticipation.

Let's pray that nobody associated with that horrendous live action movie is connected with this production.
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Stare Into the Cold, Dead Eyes Of Your New Thunderbirds Reply with quote

Stare Into the Cold, Dead Eyes Of Your New Thunderbirds
Meredith Woerner, I09

The new Thunderbirds Are Go! characters totally look like awesome action heroes and not creepy little goblins who hover over your bed, watching you sleep, breathing in your exhaled breath and pushing their own little CG poofs of air back into your mouth. Here's the first look at the new Thunderbirds!

Thanks to a tipster, we have the first look at the new Thunderbirds! Last week, we only saw their backs but it came along with a pretty stellar looking teaser trailer. Now we can see their faces and it is CREEPY AS HELL. Clearly it was inspired by the original (and already kind of terrifying) puppet television series, but man, it looks way uncanny valley when translated to CG....

LINK:
http://io9.com/stare-into-the-cold-dead-eyes-of-your-new-thunderbirds-1679567226

Last edited by bulldogtrekker on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thunderbirds Are Go is go in America, as Amazon has licensed the CG reboot of the classic UK puppet series to debut on Prime Video. In fact, Amazon has not just licensed it, but ordered four seasons of the adventures of the Tracy brothers. Amazon has ordered 4 13-episode seasons of the series. Series 1 has finished in the UK and was 26 episodes, and Series 2 has been ordered by ITV, also 26 episodes. So Amazon is just buying the American(?) rights to the existing order.

Bud and I are watching this from another source. The show is good enough to be on prime time TV. As far as we can tell, in the USA it has never been shown on TV and is not available on DVD.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/6y2hFqgtjLk

We've had teasers for a while, but the first trailer for Thunderbirds Are Go!, ITV's remake of the classic British puppet series Thunderbirds is here — and it's packed with beautiful practical models, slightly creepy CG people, and plenty of nods and winks to the classic works of Gerry Anderson. Check it out!

The new show's combination of CG characters and ships with beautiful physical sets crafted by WETA Workshop blends really well. And although they can never be quite so chilling as their puppet originals, the human characters of the show still look really quite creepy. But still, look at all that Thunderbirds action! Explosions! Space! People falling out of the sky! Lady Penelope's bright pink flying Rolls Royce! Lovely stuff.

As much as it is about the newness of the series, the trailer itself is packed with some wonderful nostalgia for fans of the original show. As someone who grew up watching Thunderbirds re-runs like there was no tomorrow, hearing the original narrator from the original intro count down the five Thunderbirds was pretty great.

Bonus: Season 2 will premier in the UK in October 2016...

https://io9.gizmodo.com/thunderbirds-are-go-is-go-in-america-as-amazon-has-lic-1758249550
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This series is absolutely amazing! Every episode is exciting, imaginative, intelligent, and more fun to watch than 90% of the movies I've seen in the last ten years.

The characters are likable, believable, brave, and extremely noble.

The designs of the aircraft, the equipment, the suits and helmets, the robot, etc are eye-popping.

This show is wall-to-wall techno-art of the highest caliber. I wouldn't be surprised if the people responsible for the awesome designs had as many engineering degrees as most NASA guys do. And they're also awesome artists who create the most futuristic designs imaginable.

Even the music is spectacular. This is truly "hard" science fiction at it's absolute best.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
MetroPolly
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to get all cynical, but that looks like the teaser for a video game.

Or, it looks like the commercial for a set of action figures based on some boy band that's trying to go global.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, Polly, but you seem to be judging the show based on the trailer alone. Try watching the episodes themselves. They're great. Trust me.

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, Bud. I am loving TAG!

The designs from their vessels to the equipment they use is fantastic looking.Have yet to see anything I don't like.

The CGI allows the show to go anywhere on earth,beneath the seas & into outer space.No lack of story potential,that's for sure.

The addition of Kayo & her stealth ship only adds to the premise of the show.

The humor is well done for the most part & only occasionally hokey or lame.

I believe that Gerry & Sylvia Anderson would have highly approved of this show & given it their complete endorsements.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon Prime Video has all three seasons of this absolutely incredible series, and I've been watching them this week. But this great series is STILL not available on Region 1 DVDs!

Dammit! Evil or Very Mad

Back in the middle twenty-teens when you could illegally download stuff just by risking dangerous viruses and shamelessly breaking copyright laws (both of which I did quite frequently), I downloaded all 25 episodes of season 1 and watched them in our chat room with the late Tim Edwards (Bulldogtrekker).

I don't think season 2 was available on those illegal download sites yet back then, and season 3 came out after all those sites were gone. But I manage to stream season 2 a few years ago, and now I'm watching season 3.

However, I would dearly love to own all 78 episodes of this amazing series, and I'd paid plenty to get 'em. Shocked

This series is "science fiction heaven", a treasure trove of magnificent designs, jaw-dropping special effects, heart-pounding action, beautifully heroic music, and stories that beat 70% what's being done in Hollywood.

I suspect that the folks here on All Sci-Fi who dislike CGI which doesn't look "real" are wondering what the hell I'm talking about. Those people don't see CGI as an art form, they see it as a way to replicate reality — and when it doesn't so that, they don't like it. Rolling Eyes

However, I see CGI as a wonderful way to stylize reality, the way good artwork does — like the way I took this B&W publicity still from Forbidden Planet and turned it into a painting which won me an award at the Atlanta Comic Con in 1984.

And this graphite rendering of Robby based on a publicity still from the color set.

To me, Thunderbirds Are Go! is pure artwork. The fact that it does NOT look like reality is a plus . . . not a minus!

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago I came up with the idea that the Tracy brothers sashes should match the color of their individual Thunderbirds vehicles.

I was pleased as punch that this is precisely what the producers of this wonderful update did on the new series.

And they did me one better by turning the International Rescue sashes in utility belts with communication capabilities.

The creators and artistic designers for TAG have created a magnificent looking show. I haven't seen one technological object on the show that I haven't been awed by.

Hope TAG will run for years.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's good news and had news and annoying news.

The bad news is that several sources say season 3 is the last one produced. For example, Wikipedia says there are only three season, with a total of 78 episodes..

The good news is that IMDB says there are four season, and it lists 26 episodes. That means there are over 100 episodes! Amazon Prime has all four seasons! Very Happy

The annoying news is that Amazon Prime only has 13 of the 26 episodes for both seasons 3 and 4. Damn, that sucks!

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, guys! Very Happy

I discovered that Youtube has 9 episode of the 26 Season Two episodes for this great series, with an excellent picture. The first link below gives access to all nine episodes. Cool

They also have 12 episodes of Season Three, the first of which is the second link below, and it gives you access to the other eleven.

I recommend that you start downloading them before YouTube removes this illusive and amazing CGI series! Cool

_____Thunderbirds Are Go S02 Ep01 Earthbreaker

_________Thunderbirds Are Go S03 Chaos Part 1 & 2

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the book Thunderbirds 2011, ITV Studios Proposed animated TV Series.

Series Bible.

Character profiles:

Virgil is 17 years old & adopted. Courageous, compassionate, and wise.

Scott (1Cool is bold, rebellious, a natural born leader. (18 years old).

Alan (14) is wild, daring, selfless.

John (16) is nerdy, tactical, scientific.

Gordon (15) is cocky, fun loving, street-smart.

Sidebar: I understand that they were attempting to appeal to the younger viewers by having all of the Tracy brothers as teenagers. I'm glad the 2015 CGI TV series did not follow this idea. It's just too farfetched for me to buy into teens having the skill sets to pilot the Thunderbird vehicles, as well as being able to execute rescue & medical procedures, plan tactically & logistically their missions.

Jeff Tracy is ever present and a guiding force for his sons. A future story hints at Jeff going M.I.A. The 2015 Thunderbirds Are Go! series will utilize this idea. Only in that show we find Jeff has already been missing from the first episode for some time.

Home: Tracy Isle.

Thunderbird crafts have all been given modified make-overs, but have retained their original color schemes.

Thunderbird #1 looks less like a rocket, more like a jet aircraft. Looked good to me.

Thunderbird #2 is quite different from its original look. It still can carry ten pods with different rescue equipment. It now has living facilities on board for the team for longer missions.

I did not care for this version at all. I doubt many fans would.

Thunderbird # 3 loses some of its rocket look. This is because it now it can operate in sub-orbit as well as outer space as it always had done previously.

Nifty update for this vehicle.

Thunderbird #4 is the fastest and most resilient submarine ever created. It can now launch a four-person submarine.
This version is quite different looking from the original and larger.

Thunderbird #4 can now convert into a hovercraft and reach speeds of three-hundred m.p.h.

Thunderbird #5 is close to the original in its updated design.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Mike!

I love this series, and I downloaded season 1 several year ago from one of the many illegal sites that used to exist.

But I haven't been able to see more than about half of season 2 because Amazon Prime Video doesn't have them all — and they don't have any episodes from season 3! Rolling Eyes

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More concepts from the Series Writer's Guide for the proposed 2011 Thunderbirds animated TV series.

Retired astronaut/philanthropist Jeff Tracy creates and sets up his vision of International Rescue. He does so with his close friends. Brains, a genius inventor, Nickolas Holden another close friend, and three of the finest pilots in the world.

Pilot Dak Merrick sells his allegiance to the criminal empire WRAITH (World Retaliatory Agency for Intelligence Tactics and Hyper-Technology). Dak manages to convince the other two pilots to join him in his betrayal of Jeff & Brains.

During a mid-rescue operation by I.R., Merrick and the other pilots turn on Jeff and Nick, but Jeff manages to foil their nefarious scheme. The turncoats escape and Nick is tragically killed whilst saving Jeff.

Jeff is wracked with guilt and proceeds to hide the Thunderbird vehicles beneath Tracy Isle . . . never to launch them again.

Jeff adopts Nick's son, Virgil, and Jeff and his wife Maria go on to add four boys of their own to their growing family.

WRAITH discovers the Tracy family home in Colorado and launches an attack upon it. Maria dies in the attack.

Jeff takes his sons, Brains, and loyal bodyguard and friend Kyrano all to Tracy Isle to live.

Grandma Tracy is also with them and educates the boys. Jeff attempts to steer all the boys away from piloting, but they discover his old flight simulation programs and they are hooked.

The boys discover the Thunderbird vehicles and become bonded with the newfound aircraft. Without Jeff's knowledge, the boys use the Thunderbirds to rescue the experimental Fireflash airliner, saving hundreds of lives.

Even their father is impressed with their heroic feat --- after he calmed down. At first he forbids the boys from becoming Thunderbird pilots. Eventually he is convinced to revive his one great dream of International Rescue.

He stipulates though that he is to manage the operation at all times and will guide them on their missions from the island control room.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: