ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 7-17-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 7-17-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

Today's featured threads include a discussion about a movie in which a young bride is seriously in need of marriage counseling, a monster with lofty ambitions, and wacky movie set in Ireland about creatures with lots of appendages.

I Married a Monster from Outer Space (1958)

Yes, my friend, it's a very old story: Alien meets girl, alien marries girl, alien turns into soap suds when he fails to impregnate her.

Boy, if I had a nickle every time THAT happened . . . Rolling Eyes

I watched this movie tonight and really enjoyed it. Any other fans of this neglected classic out there?

The Monster that Challenged the World (1957)

Even though this is a low-budget programmer, it does offer some interesting non-animated monsters. As in "Them", the monsters are full-sized, mobile mock-ups.

The story describes them as prehistoric sea slugs, but they look more like caterpillars, complete with huge insect eyes, pincher-mandibles, and a double row of caterpillar-like legs.

I think they should have called this movie Attack of the Killer Katerpillars!

Kute title, eh? Wink

Tim Holt is the stalwart Naval officer who spearheads the investigation into the mysterious deaths of several fluid-drained victims. Mr. Holt was well-known in the 1940s as the star of a series of low-budget but highly enjoyable Westerns. Typically his character was intelligent and good-natured, working undercover to solve a crime which had been committed.

Audrey Dalton is the pretty widow he romances.

A laboratory mishap causes one of the eggs to hatch, and the creature corners Dalton and her daughter in the lab -- a pretty exciting scene, with our former Western hero trading in his six-shooter for a fire extinguisher! (Damn, this critter looks scary! Shocked)

This is from the censored scene, in which the Monster eats the little girl! Shocked

. . . Just kidding. Smile

And yes, Miss Barbara Darrow was in the movie, too. Thank goodness.

The monster was certainly an affectionate little devil!

The first thing I thought of when I saw the picture above was that it would make a good reference photo for a painting. But artist Woody Welch beat me to it!

The publicity photo and Mr. Welch's painting cheat a little, because Mr. Monster and Miss Darrow were never formerly introduced.

But it really did eat her.

Grabbers (2012)

I think you made up this movie! I've never heard of it! Mad

Yeah, yeah, sure — Wikipedia has a nice article about it, very convincing, looks quite real. But Wikipedia articles are written by folks like you and me — so maybe YOU wrote it! Shocked

And yeah, Stagevu has this movie and I've already downloaded it and watched a few scenes to see the special effects. But smart guys like you can make movies on their home computers these days . . .

. . . so, ummm . . .

Okay, okay — I guess it's a real movie. Embarassed

As soon as I saw one of these things rolling along, tentacles flopping around, I thought of the popular little toy made of soft rubber, with tentacles and a sticky surface which clings to windows and slowly crawls down the glass surface.

I'm sure the filmmakers had this in mind. Can't wait to watch it. Thanks, Spike!

So, uh . . . when are you going to make the sequel?
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: