ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Goodbye Girl (1977)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: The Goodbye Girl (1977) Reply with quote

Richard Drefuss based his Academy Award winning performance of Elliot Garfield upon his good friend Harlan Ellison.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're assuming that this movie is a personal favorite of yours, Pow, since you started a thread for it. Very Happy

I remember seeing it at a drive-in in 1977 with my young and lovely new bride, who was the subject of several portraits I rendered, like the one below.

The marriage eventually fizzled out, and she became my "goodbye girl".

But I have memories of the good times — along with two children and two adorable grandchildren! Very Happy

One of the good memories is the one about that night at the drive-in while watching this movie, with our arms wrapped around each other as we each quietly grabbed more than our fair share of the popcorn from the big bucket in our laps while we both wondered if we could skip the second feature and spend some time in the back seat — horizontal, sweaty, and breathless. Shocked

Anyway, here's the trailer for this bit of cinematic foreplay that led to me and my lovely bride steaming up the windows of my 1969 green Dodge Charger. Wink

_____________ The Goodbye Girl Official Trailer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: