ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turnabout Intruder - episode #79
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also a big fan of Kate Mulgrew's Captain Janeway character, Bud. Kate is a fantastic actress and owned that role lock, stock, and barrel. Her voice inflections were wonderful.

I was disappointed to read on IMDB that Kate was quite antagonistic towards Jerri Ryan when she came aboard Voyager. Cast members have confirmed this. Mulgrew wanted a desexualizing of her role and the series in general. Then producers brought on gorgeous Ryan in a form fitting outfit. Yikes! Exactly what Kate was fighting against. Ryan said that she would get sick to her stomach just before having to perform in a scene with Mulgrew.

Robert Picardo said that Kate was so hostile to Ryan that, if she had done that to him, and she was a man, he'd have taken a swing at him/her.

I was quite disappointed to read this about Kate.

Jennifer Lien was indeed an "appealing character" as you write, Bud. Unfortunately she wasn't given the best written part of the show. I was happy to see her lose that wig she wore in her earlier seasons.

Garrett Wang was going to be fired after the third season. Probably a cost saving measure, but Executive Producer Rick Berman did not like Wang. He turned down Wang's request to direct episodes. This was the first time in the Star Trek franchise that a cast member had been turned down for a directing job.

Garrett was featured in People Magazine's as one of their 50 Most Beautiful People. This saved his bacon from being axed from the series, instead Jennifer was let go.
mach7
Quantum Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud,

While I can't really comment on Janeway's Captaincy, I stopped watching Voyager after only a few shows.

My list of Captains:

Kirk, The 1st and the best

Pike, SNW's Anson Mount does a great job.

Picard

Capt. Rachel Garrett

Archer

Ed Mercer Wink
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking Outside the "Plot"!

~ A Question for the Members: If the alien device that was used by Janice Lester to switch bodies with Kirk could be reverse engineered and used by the Federation or other alien civilizations, what could they do with it?

~ My Theory: One idea would involve a Klingon spy who has studied a human target well enough to emulate his/her behavior so well that they could switch bodies with the human and spy on the federation.

The subject of the switch might be a famous scientists, a high-ranking Federation leader, or the mate of some important human who was trusted and therefore could learn secrets from the husband or wife.

What ideas do you guys have on the subject? Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: