ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finch (2021) formerly called Bios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2021 to Tomorrow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject: Finch (2021) formerly called Bios Reply with quote

Universal Moves Tom Hanks Post-Apocalypse Movie to 2021

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/universal-moves-tom-hanks-post-apocalypse-movie-bios-back-1234633778/

Universal Pictures has moved the Tom Hanks post-apocalypse movie Bios back to 2021 in the latest of an array of release date changes amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Bios, from Steven Spielberg’s Amblin banner, will move from Oct. 2, 2020 to April 16, 2021. Bios, which came together in 2017 with Game of Thrones helmer Miguel Sapochnik directing from a script by Craig Luck and Ivor Powell, follows a robot that lives on a post-apocalyptic earth. Built to protect the life of his dying creator’s beloved dog, it learns about love, friendship, and the meaning of human life. Hanks plays the ailing creator.

Robert Zemeckis and Kevin Misher are producing through their ImageMovers banner. The executive producers are Zemeckis, Craig Luck, Sapochnik, Andy Berman and Adam Merims.

The move for Bios was announced Friday in the wake of Warner Bros. moving eight of its titles including Tenet, Wonder Woman 1984 and the fourth Matrix movie.

Studios have been forced to re-jigger their release schedules with theaters closed for three months as well as production delays.

Universal Pictures and Blumhouse Productions opted earlier this week to launch the supernatural thriller You Should Have Left on premium video-on-demand instead of its planned debut in theaters. The movie, starring Kevin Bacon and Amanda Seyfried, will be available to rent starting June 19, 2020.

Universal also released Judd Apatow’s The King of Staten Island, a comedy starring Pete Davidson, on digital rental services on Friday in lieu of a traditional theatrical rollout. In April, the studio dropped Trolls World Tour on video-on-demand and in drive-ins. Meanwhile, Universal’s Fast and Furious installment F9, the next Minions sequel, and Sing 2 were all pushed into 2021.

alltare
Quantum Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Bios (2021) Reply with quote

Eadie wrote:
Bios, ..., follows a robot that lives on a post-apocalyptic earth. Built to protect the life of his dying creator’s beloved dog, it learns about love, friendship, and the meaning of human life.

I wonder if there's any connection between "Bios" and Simak's "City", much of which also deals with dogs and robots.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Miss Eadie!

Your thread is now the first one in All Sci-Fi's newest forum — Sci-Fi Movies from 2021 to Tomorrow — the one I've waited 14 years to create since this board's first version was born in 2006! Very Happy

If I'm lucky enough to live until 2030 (at the ripe old age of 81), I'll be able to create the next forum, Sci-Fi Movies from 2031 to Tomorrow!

But if not, I'll tell my daughter — All Sci-Fi member Ticket2theMoon — to make you her co-site administrator so the two of you can carry on this fine tradition through the current millennium! Cool

Bud

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This trailer makes this Tom Hanks movie look a lot better than his downer film called Castaway, which was like Gilligans Island without the girls, the humor, and any other good reason to watch it. Rolling Eyes

(Okay, that's bit harsh. I was just disappointed.)

I'm also disappointed that Finch can only be watched on Apple TV+ with their app and one of their overpriced "devices" (none of which qualifies as an actual goddam big screen television).

Geez, we waited decades for large flat-screen TVs, and now people want to watch movies on their computer monitors or (dare I say it) their dinky little phones! Mad

It's not even on DVD or Blu-ray yet. My, my, what a wacky world we live in . . .

____ FINCH Trailer (2021) Tom Hanks, Sci-Fi Movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2021 to Tomorrow All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: