ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Morbius (2022)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2021 to Tomorrow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject: Morbius (2022) Reply with quote

Here's how Looper describes this movie.

Jared Leto stars as the titular character in Sony's Morbius, a blend of sci-fi and horror based on the Marvel Comics character Dr. Michael Morbius. Dr. Morbius suffers from a rare blood disease, and in an extreme attempt to heal himself he ends up with a slew of vampiric powers, making him a living vampire.

The film's trailer shows Morbius' origin story and also teases an appearance from Michael Keaton as MCU Spider-Man villain Vulture, suggesting that Sony may be trying to create a larger antihero franchise including Morbius and their other antihero, Venom.

__________________ MORBIUS Official Trailer

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMDB has several interesting trivia items for this production. Very Happy

~ Matt Smith joined the film, after previously turning down other superhero film roles, due to director Daniel Espinosa's involvement and encouragement from his former Doctor Who co-star Karen Gillan, who portrays Nebula in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Note from me: Matt Smith's portrayal of Doctor Who really grew on me as I watched the episodes he starred in. And Karen Gillan can be very persuasive when she wants to.

~ The New York scenes were actually filmed in Manchesters Northern Quater, UK. All city lights, signs and license plates etc were changed to match to those you'd find in New York.

Note from me: Being able to skillfully alter things like that has been a tremendous boon to filmmakers. Very Happy

~ The film's director Daniel Espinosa directed the Sci Fi/Horror movie "Life" which was rumored to be a prequel to Venom (2018).

Note from me: I really enjoyed Life. The ending is a great setup for several sequels.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2021 to Tomorrow All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: