ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How I spent my Summer Vacation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Discussions in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:53 am    Post subject: How I spent my Summer Vacation Reply with quote

How I spent my Summer Vacation

I just got back from a two week summer vacation that was the GREATEST couple of weeks of my life! We (My wife and two sons!) spent two marvelous weeks in Florida... Orlando to be exact!

Along with many days sent lounging at a fantastic pool drinking Margaritas and eating chicken wings and lots of tropical fruit we went to a Sci-Fi addicts wet dream!
We stayed at Saphire Falls Resort ...and it was MARVELOUS in the extreme! So we spent our first few days visiting UNIVERSAL'S Islands of Adventure!

A walk through a REAL JURRASIC PARK was awesome!

As was a walk through Harry Potters' Diagon Alley and Hogsmede! A Dragon perched on a huge building belched flames and roared into the crowd!

I could go on....A visit to the Milleniem Falcon and a Star Wars environment that felt like a dream turning to reality!
And...Oh yes...a side trip to Skull Island to visit....KONG!
All in all...If you ever have the opportunity to visit the wonders of Universal and Disney World in Orlando Fla it's an unforgettable experience!

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord, I hate you! Evil or Very Mad

I mean, damn, did it even occur to you that traveling from your home in New York state to Florida goes right past my home in NC!?

You could have stopped by and picked me up on the way!

Anyhow, the least you can do is tell us if the urban legend abut the "Jurassic Park" . . . ummm, park . . . is true. They say that the dinosaurs are real, and the park employees don't have to feed them — they just let them eat a few of the tourist each day.

The screams you heard in the distance weren't recordings from hidden speakers to make the attraction seem more realistic — they're the sounds of fat tourist from Ohio who won't be missed by anyone back home! Sad

Think back, Gord, Did there seem to be more folks going IN —

— than there were coming OUT? Shocked

Weird, huh? Kinda makes ya wonder . . .

Hey, that idea would make a great sequel to the Westworld franchise! The velociraptors break into the central control room and eat all the teccniicans, then all the other dinosaurs start gobbling up the tourist.

Jeff Goldblum even had a line in Jurassic Park that suggested this.

Richard Attenborough: All theme parks have problems at first.

Jeff Goldblum: Yes, but in Disney World the Pirates of Carribean don't start eating the tourist.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Discussions in General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: