ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thor: Love and Thunder (2022)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2021 to Tomorrow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:37 pm    Post subject: Thor: Love and Thunder (2022) Reply with quote

Marvel Studies is desperate to keep the younger generation entertained . . . and coming to their movies.

This one assaults our ears with a heavy metal rock score in the opening credits, then it presents a story that turns all the beloved Marvel characters into juvenile delinquents who gleefully defy authority, stay out past curfew, and live their lives at the frantic pace of video games.

Gone are the days when superheroes were strange visitors from another planet who came to Earth to fight for truth, justice, and the American way.

Now it's a world of powerful beings who gleefully kick ass for the pure joy of it . . . while they spout witty remarks.

Don't get me wrong. It's all very entertaining. It's just not inspirational like it used to be. And that's what I grew up loving so much. I can't help missing it. Sad

_ Marvel Studios' Thor: Love and Thunder Official Trailer

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your point is very true. But keep in mind that we are now in a sort of "intermediate period"... Where we as comic book readers find ourselves to be in an intermediate period, between major arcs of what we found to be "epic" stories!

We are (In the Marvel world) just recovering from the results of ENDGAME.

Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow and others that we have followed unto this point in the saga are behind us and a new crop of heroes are on the horizon.

Some of what you long for...the true heroic moment of heroism...found in Cristopher Reeve's Superman for example, was face forward in Endgame!

Let's let the current bunch of stories lead us to some truly heroic tales reminicient of Homer ... or fail to the point that the genre disapeares .

This movie was pablam..just enough to entertain....but not much more.

Last edited by Gord Green on Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, oh Gord of Thunder! Your proclamation is filled with truth and wisdom! Cool

In fact, it's much better than my post above, which I now regret writing.

Why?

Well, yesterday I got a bit disillusioned by the first third of the movie and I stopped watching it, thinking I had it all figured out. Rolling Eyes

Truly it is written, "The greatest fool in the universe is the one who thinks he's wise when, in fact, he doesn't know his anal cavity from Carlsbad Caverns."

But when I watched the rest of the movie today I found, to my great embarrassment, that it not only becomes very serious, it tells an epic tale of love and heroism.

I certainly regret judging the movie before I'd watched all of it, as well as for posting such a boneheaded comment. However, I'm grateful to you, oh Mighty Gord, for composing a reply that sounds like you somehow knew I'd screwed up!

You employed a very noble Odin-like tact and diplomacy which made it easier for me to dine on a sumptuous feast of crow and set the record straight concerning my revised reaction to this enjoyable movie. Very Happy

In short, sir, your place in Valhalla awaits you someday! (Just don't go there anytime soon, okay? All Sci-Fi needs you too much!) Shocked

Sincerely,

Bud, The God of Blunder

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I'm the only one on All Sci-Fi who appreciates the amazing fantasy/sci-fi movies and TV series being made in this wondrous age, with FX which dazzle the eyes and offerer concepts that inspire our imaginations! Very Happy

As much as I've love the classics from the 20th century after viewing them over-and-over for the last 70 years, the remarkable movies which are being made today — frankly speaking — blow most of them away!

In fact, the current crop of television shows being produced today are — in some ways — miles above the big-budget movies of the 1950s!

But hey, you guys don't have to agree with me! In fact, DISagreeing with (and saying so on All Sci-Fi) would be even better.

But for God's sake guys — add replies, please! How hard could it be? I've got 15,387 posts — including this one!
Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2021 to Tomorrow All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: