ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 10-15-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 10-15-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

Gee, what can I say about today's three movies?

Well, there's a guy who makes monsters, and a girl who gets involved with one, and then there's . . . somebody who figures out how to kill people who watch television!

Scary thought, eh? Shocked

The Monster and the Girl (1941)

Not your typical 1940s horror movie.

A man (Philip Terry) is executed for a crime he didn't commit after his sister is sold into prostitution. A doctor (George Zucco) acquires the dead man's brain and transplants it into a gorilla. The gorilla-man seeks revenge against the men responsible for his sister's fate.

Listen for the voice of Jiminy Cricket — Cliff Edwards in a small role. Directed by Stuart Heisler.

I'm not sure that poster sends the right message concerning what this movie is about. This is the first thing I thought of when I saw it. Very Happy

____________________ ____________________________________________________________________

The Monster Maker (1944)

______

Carrol Naish plays a demented doctor who becomes obsessed with a pretty pianist (Wanda McKay). She rejects his romantic advances, so he plots a hideous revenge; he injects her father (Ralph Morgan) with acromegaly, causing him to become hideously deformed.

Glenn Strange is Naish's assistant.

Both the basic concept and the way it is presented are so unpleasant that audiences reacted badly to the film, and Naish's career suffered because of it.

Directed by horror/sci-fi veteran Sam Newfield.

Murder By Television (1935)

_____

Couch Potatoes, heed this warning: TV can kill!

Ironically the victim in this obscure murder mystery is the inventor of the first television. The prime suspect is his assistant, Bela Lugosi. Lugosi plays two roles twin brothers — but the rest of the cast is composed of relative unknowns, and the plot is too uneventful to generate much enthusiasm. Directed by Clifford Sandford.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: