ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Space Command (2020---)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi in Other Audio/Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up, Tim. Cool

After all this time, I guess I'd given up hope that Marc Zicree's long awaited project would be as good as I thought it would be when I donated $125.00 to it and was promised a few rewords — like a DVD of the first episode.

Never heard another word from them. Oh well . . .

The good news is that the opening scene is exciting, and the FX are splendid. In fact, the episode is packed with enough sugar-coated eye candy to bring your teenage acne raging back to life! Shocked

The bad news is that Space Command's acting, direction, and writing doesn't measure up to shows like Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future or Space Rangers.

The story creeps long while we watch pairs of characters slowly deliver dialog that doesn't really engage the viewer.

And maybe it's just me, but the monaural music score often just noodles around at low volume in the background, whether the scene needs music or not. Rolling Eyes

Oddly enough, the numerous sound effects in the elaborate space scenes ARE in stereo. Go figure. Confused

To be fair, the music is fairly good (and louder) in the action scenes.

In all fairness, the last 20 minutes gets interesting enough to make me want to see more, so maybe it'll get better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi in Other Audio/Visual Media All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: