ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 11-26-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 11-26-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

Here's two The Man from U.N.C.L.E. theatrical features which were cobbled together from several episodes, plus a strange movie starring Dana Andrews.

Sadly, the U.N.C.L.E. weren’t really theatrical quality films, so the audiences didn’t get their money’’s worth when they paid to watch something they could see on TV for free.

I know All Sci-Fi has The Man from U.N.C.L.E. fans, so maybe they’ll share something interesting info about these “features”.

The Spy in the Green Hat (1966)

Another U.N.C.L.E. feature compiled from episodes.

Jack Palance is the guest egomaniac-who-wants-to-conquer-the-world -- this time by using a sonic weapon to change the course of the Gulf Stream.

Ambitious and original, I'll give it that. Very Happy

As always, the appealing regulars and the likable guest stars are the show's biggest assets. Along with Robert Vaughn, David McCallum, and Leo G. Carroll, this one offers Janet Leigh ("Psycho"), Joan Blondell, and Slapsy Maxie Rosenblum. Directed by Joseph Sargent.

* Just to show how much fun I'm having restoring and enhancing the posters for these threads, this is what I started with!

I had to paint in Robert Vaughn's suit from scratch! And somebody stuck a foot onto Robert's left leg -- but it's in the wrong place, making his leg look bent above the ankle, and too long! Shocked

I fixed that, too. Very Happy

Spy in Your Eye (1966)

Dana Andrews plays a scientist with a television camera/transmitter implanted in his eye.

He's trying to prevent the Russians from getting the plans for a new superlaser, but his efforts are hampered by the fact that the Russians have kidnapped his daughter (Pier Angeli, who co-starred with Kerwin Matthews in another Italian spy adventure, 1964's "Shadow of Evil").

Directed by Vittorio Sala.

The Spy With My Face (1966)

The heroes are Robert Vaughn and David McCallum, and the villainess is Senta Berger, so these must be the men from U.N.C.L.E.

Berger has her eye on a super-weapon with which she hopes to take over the world. The title refers to Robert Vaughn's double role; he plays dueling Solo's, one good, one bad.

Sharon Farrell's pleasing face is a plus for the likable cast. Directed by John Newland, the host and creator of TV's "One Step Beyond".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: