ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seventh Son (2014)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:12 pm    Post subject: Seventh Son (2014) Reply with quote

This low-rated, unsuccessful fantasy adventure deserve a lot more love than it got from the public and the critics. I saw a trailer for it on a DVD of another movie I got from Netflix, and it looked interesting.

In spite of the fact that practically nobody online had anything good to say about this movie, I was impressed with it right from the studio logo to the closing credits, with a plot that is likable, characters that are admirable, FX that are laudable, and action which goes lickety-split from the start of the movie until the story ends.

And yet it includes interesting plot points which are fun to ponder whenever I paused the DVD to dash to the bathroom.

I just love movies which give me something to ponder while the king of my domain is seated on the throne. Cool

I actually had to look up who played the rugged old sorcerer who starred in this movie, and I was amazed to learn that it was . . . Jeff Bridges! He doesn’t look a bit like the bad guy in Iron Man, and he changed his voice so drastically for this roll that his vocal delivery sounds like Chris Christopher with a touch of Sean Connery!

The spectacular shooting locations are guaranteed to boost tourism in those beautiful areas, and the music by Marco Beltrami started out sounded like Alan Silvestre’s score for The Mummy Returns, but it soon proved it wasn’t copying from anybody else’s work. Nothing elevates a good movie to a great movie like a magnificent score.

Ignore the nay-sayers and the poor box office for this one. It’s a treat for fans of the genre.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: