ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U.S. Marshall (1998)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:14 pm    Post subject: U.S. Marshall (1998) Reply with quote

Bud's Action Flix Pix

I popped this one into my the DVD player today because I saw part of it on a DISH channel last week and remembered how good is was. It's at least as good as The Fugitive, which this movie is sort-of a sequel to, because it follows the exploits of U.S. Marshal Tommy Lee Jones and his crack team of United States Marshalls as they do what they do best — which is stay hot on the trail of someone running from the long arm of the law . . . and of Mr. Jones.

The two things which this film has in common with The Fugitive is the fact the fugitive (Wesley Snipes) is innocent again, and Mr. Jones' team are a joy to watch as they kid around, do everything exactly right, and prove conclusively that crime does not pay.

This movie has more exciting action than a 30-minute lap dance — with car crashes, airplane crashes, rip-roarin' shoot outs, and a pithy subplot between Agent K and Tony Stark that damn near steals the show!

You gotta love a movie that pits Tommy Lee Jones against Robert Downy Jr. in a battle for the crown of King of Wise Cracks! Very Happy

My favorite line is when Robert Downing Jr shows Tommy Lee Jones his shiny automatic, and Tommy Lee says, "Get yourself a Glock and loose that nickel-plated sissy pistol."

Sheer poetry . . . Very Happy

Director Stuart Baird did a fine job of doing exactly what director Andrew Davis did with The Fugitive five years earlier — which isn't often true when second movies are made which the public disparately hopes will be as good as the first one, and for all the same reasons.

And I'm pleased to report that The Fugitive and U.S. Marshals are both on a "flipper" DVD available on Amazon at the link below for $5.01.

You can't get a good meal from Burger King that cheap!
Shocked

~ The Space Children (1958)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: