ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Voice S2 E25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Science Fiction Theatre (1955 to 1957)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:40 pm    Post subject: The Voice S2 E25 Reply with quote

YouTube has a number of episodes from this great show, and the picture quality suggests that they're from the restored DVDs sold by Shout Factory.

Science Fiction Theatre - The Voice S2 E25

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From IMDB: An attorney has evidence that could clear a man scheduled to be executed in a few days.

But on his way to present the evidence, he is involved in a plane crash that leaves him paralyzed and unable to speak. He finds he must use the only means of communication left to him — mental telepathy, which until now he has not believed in.

Truman Bradley lectures us on the power of "concentrated thought", and how some of our most important discoveries have been achieved by men and women of science who labored to make scientific breakthroughs.

The episodes features Donald Curtis, star of It Came From Beneath the Sea and Earth vs the Flying Saucers. He's a brilliant defense attorney who, while spending an evening at home with his lovely wife, watches a magic act on TV that allegedly demonstrates mental telepathy.

Curtis is totally skeptical of the concept, in spite of his wife's more open-minded attitude.

They discuss the fact that Curtis is concerned about the case of a young man who is accused of murder, even though he has new evidence that might clear the man.

But while flying his private plane to San Diagp to present his new evidence, his plane crashes and he's pinned in the wreckage, paralyzed and barely conscious!

Two men in a jeep go through the area of the crash, and the elderly driver of the jeep stops and tells his younger companion that he heard someone calling for help. They two men find the crash site and summon an ambulance.

Meanwhile, Curtis' desperate thoughts about his beloved wife are received by her while she's writing a letter, and she suddenly writes the word "Crashed" — after which she screams when she realizes what it means.

At the hospital where Curtis is taken, a nurse tells the doctor that she somehow heard her paralyzed patient ask for water. The doctor informs the paralyze man that his wife has already arrived at the hospital — even though a telegram to her had only been sent a short time before!

When his wife comes to her husband's bedside, Curtis' ability to send his thoughts is so strong that he's able to have silent conversations with here. He asks her to deliver the evidence he'd discovered to the attorney who defended the convicted man.

This episode is extremely well done, a prime example of how this series was able to pack a great story into 26 minutes. Some of the dramatic scenes I described above gave me chills when I watched it recently. Cool

Morbius
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember watching a few of the episodes, but can't recall the time period?

Thanks for the video.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm delighted that a member of All Sci-Fi has discovered how remarkable this "pure science fiction" series is!

I'm having a ball enjoying these episode and allowing them to excite my imagination and renew my enthusiasm for stories that present pure sci-fi.

This is the kind of thing I first created the board for back in 2006.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Science Fiction Theatre (1955 to 1957) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: