ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Death at My Fingertips S2 E23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Science Fiction Theatre (1955 to 1957)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:02 pm    Post subject: Death at My Fingertips S2 E23 Reply with quote

This, I'm sorry to say, is one of the few Science Fiction Theatre episodes that aren't available on Youtube. Sad

But it's a wonderful story, and this is what IMDB says about it.

From IMDB: Police think they have an open-and-shut case against a professor in the murder of his college's dean, as the man's fingerprints are found all over the lab where the murder occurred. But then more newly made prints of the accused are found at the college, and they could only have been made since he's been imprisoned after his arrest.

Fortunately I have the Shout Factory box set, and this episode is beautifully restored. Cool

This episode is all about murder . . . murder most foul! Shocked

Truman Bradly kicks things off with a demonstration new hi-tech devices which can be used as deadly weapons, including a sonic projector that emits waves of searing heat!

The episode stars June Lockhart (Lassie and Lost in Space) as the lab assistant of a famous biochemist who is stabbed with a scalpel in his lab. The police arrest a colleague (Dick Foran) based on the fact that Foran's fingerprints were on the murder weapon.

But the fingerprints prove to be fake . . . something alleged impossible.

The fake prints where made with synthetic skin which the murdered scientists had developed, allowing him to perform cosmetic surgery on scarred faces . . . without surgical methods! A fellow scientist used the synthetic skin to create copies of Dick Foran's fingerprints.

Truman Bradley's closing remarks make reference to future advances that sound remarkable like 3D printing! Cool

Gentlemen, Shout Factory no longer sells their box set with the "fully restored" version of this great series.

But Amazon still has one set left for sale, so if you'd like to own the box set of the only restored version of this series, get off your ass and order it today — because I'm tempted to buy it as a "collector’s item".
Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Science Fiction Theatre (1955 to 1957) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: