ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Earth vs the Flying Saucers - Let's Create a Sequel!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Threads about Imaginary Sequels & Alternate Plotlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:52 pm    Post subject: Earth vs the Flying Saucers - Let's Create a Sequel! Reply with quote

Earth vs the Flying Saucers II

The alien invaders failed to conquer Earth because we found a fatal flaw in their propulsion system which made their saucer’s crash! But . . . did they ALL crash, or did some of them get away? Confused

If so, perhaps the surviving saucers regrouped in space and developed a defense against our anti-magnetic ray . . . and then came back. Having gained a healthy respect for our technology and our determination, perhaps they would then decide to take a shot at negotiating with us. Very Happy

But . . . even if they did, would we trust them?

Hell no! Shocked

With that in mind, mankind would get busy trying to reverse engineer the alien's technology so we could build our own flying saucers — partly to use them against the aliens, and partly to find out if there was a way to make them resistant to our anti-magnetic weapon.

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if Earth somehow is able to discover that the aliens in the exo-suits were, in fact, unwilling participants in the invasion? The suits were not only used as a defensive & offensive weapon, as well as allowing the aliens to survive in our environment, they are used to control the aliens against their will.

At some point we are able to rescue one of the aliens and communicate with him which allows us to find out the true story.

The saucers themselves are the invaders. They are a highly advanced and ultra-sophisticated form of A.I., and they are the ones running the show.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I don't know what of dietary supplement you're taking to increase you cognitive abilities, but I want a lifetime supply!

The idea that the aliens are the slaves of their A.I. saucers is tee—riffic! Very Happy

I the aliens' technology became so advanced that it overthrew its creators and turned them into "living robots", keeping them alive for centuries! Man oh man, that story has genuine drama.

So, the aliens we thought were invading us actually need to be liberated from their slave masters, after which they'll become our allies against the villainous saucers — who sound like Paul Frees when they talk!

Wow, what a concept! Shocked

mach7
Quantum Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great idea!

AI's running amuck, trying to taking over the universe.
Morbius
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Battlestar Galactica the Cylon enemy ship fighters were AI with an organic component, no discernable Cylon Pilot.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why I didn't think of this yesterday, but the movie includes a perfect example of how the A.I. saucers turned the aliens into mindless slaves, because we see the same thing happen to the human captives!

So, Pow's suggestion is supported by events in the movie! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Threads about Imaginary Sequels & Alternate Plotlines All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: