ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crawlspace (2012)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Spike
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Crawlspace (2012) Reply with quote

The Eve and God Complex's.

A team of elite commandos are sent into a top secret military base with instructions to rescue the scientists who are apparently under attack from escaped prisoners. What they find is something very strange and different.

Australia has produced some high quality horror in recent times. This sadly — in spite of some sterling efforts - isn't one of them.

Justin Dix's (director/co-producer/co-writer) film is guilty of lifting from a whole bunch of other sci-fi/horror films to the point where the smart ideas in the narrative are practically squashed. Everything from Aliens and Scanners to Event Horizon are greased in to maintain a viable interest factor, which is a shame because the low budget is never an issue, as the debut director shows a keen eye for atmosphere setting.

The facility that the characters find themselves in, as they fight for survival, is splendidly awash with a futuristic metallic sheen. While claustrophobia, as the title suggests, is one of the key character's of the piece.

The acting is fine, no ham or cheese here, and in spite of the leanings from elsewhere, this pic is never dull. It's not one for genre fans to base their evenings in by the fire with, but it's just above average and shows Dix to have some potential behind the camera. 6/10

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I saw this one, but I'm not sure. If it's the one I'm thinking of, I was either confused by the story or I had a case of head lice, because I scratched my head a lot during the movie.

I might be confusing it with the one about a VIP's daughter being held hostage on a prison/space station. What was the name of that one?

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat May 21, 2022 1:36 pm; edited 5 times in total
The Spike
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
I might be confusing it with the one about a VIP's daughter being held hostage on a prison/space station. What was the name of that one?

Stagevu has Crawlspace, so I'll download it and see if it looks familiar.

You are thinking of Lockout with Guy Pearce Smile
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah-ha. Thanks. Here's the trailer for this shocker . . . and it is gruesome.

_____ Crawlspace Official Trailer (2014)

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Crawlspace (2012) Reply with quote

The Spike wrote:
The facility that the characters find themselves in, as they fight for survival, is splendidly awash with a futuristic metallic sheen. While claustrophobia, as the title suggests, is one of the key character's of the piece.

I can't quite picture what The Spike is describing, so I'll just have to watch the movie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: