ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to the Future trilogy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Threads about Imaginary Sequels & Alternate Plotlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:21 pm    Post subject: Back to the Future trilogy Reply with quote

Back to the Future trilogy

Let's Create a Sequel!

~ A Question for the Members? Robert Zemykius and Bob Gayle have allegedly made it impossible for anyone to make a fourth sequel or a remake of Back to the Future. But what if someone created a story in which the Brown brothers — Jules and Verne, at the age of about 25 — desperately needed a time machine to go back in time and prevent the deaths of their father and mother!

~ Here's what I came up with.: First of all, Doc Brown somehow managed to build a second time machine into an amazing “steam punk” flying locomotive. So, the boys definitely have access to their father’s technology — along with technology Doc Brown may have gotten from the “future” of 2015, such as the flying car propulsion system.

But what if the disaster that took the lives of their parents occurred while they were traveling in the Temporal Locomotive — thus preventing the brothers from have it to go back and prevent their deaths?

On the other hand, perhaps a better story would be to have their parents fate be completely unknown to the brothers! Mom and Dad went off in the Temporal Locomotive and failed to return.

If that was the case, the brothers would not even have the time machine to go back and warn their parents that something tragic was going to occur on the trip from which they didn’t return.

Emmett and Clara are stuck fifty years in the past due to a faulty flux capacitor. But they leave a message for their sons inside a large old oak tree in front of their house, knowing that the hole they cut into the oak will grow around the whisky bottle they placed into the hole.

They hoped that the boys would notice the large scar that appeared in the bark of the trunk — a scar that spells out “DOC”.

The boys cut the tree open, retrieve the bottle, and find a note inside which tells them where and when their parents are located. The note also instructs them to use a device Doc has invented which can send messages and objects through time. He wants the boys to send him the improved flux capacitor he’d already built to replace the older one in the Temporal Locomotive.

That’s as far I’ve gotten. It’s less than half a story, and it certainly hasn’t gotten to the exciting parts yet.

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the Future writer Bob Gale wrote:
"We told a complete story with the trilogy,” he said back in 2020. “If we went back and made another one, we'd have Michael J. Fox, who will be sixty next year, and he has Parkinson's Disease.

Do we want to see Marty McFly at age sixty with Parkinson's Disease? Did we want to see him at age fifty with Parkinson's Disease? I would say 'No, you don't want to see that.'

And you don't want to see Back to the Future without Michael J. Fox. People say, 'Well, do it with somebody else.' Really? Who are you going to get? All you're gonna do is beg comparisons to the originals, and you're not going to match up."

The beauty of my suggested sequel is that it doesn't require the presence of Michael J. Fox. who is too old, not to mention suffering from Parkinson's disease. Sad

Okay, the story does imclude Doc Brown and Clara, and their even older than poor Michael!

I suppose the only way to do it would be have the story focus on the two sons' efforts to rescue their parents, and use a couple of look-alikes in a few long shots during the movie at the end.

That sounds a bit lame, but I can't think of any other way. Do you guys have a few good suggestions?

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Bob Gale that the focus of the trilogy was Marty McFly and Michael Foxs' portrayal of him. Remember that the first Marty (Eric Stoltz) didn't work out.

Your suggestion however bypasses that problem, but at the expense of the potential audience draw that M J Fox would be! It would have to depend solely on just WHO is hired to play the twins. Any ideas of who that could be????

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord, you're brilliant!

The instant I read your comment I realized that the story needed to include the two boys, a lovely and brilliant young girl they both loved, and a charismatic middle-aged scientist from the near-future who idealized Dr. Emmett Brown and who was familiar with this work — but who also realized just how dangerous his time machine could be! Shocked

This team of five intelligent people would understand how important it was to rescue Doc and Clara — if for no other reason than to prevent the creation of a time machine which, in the wrong hands, could devastate the time line!

Thanks, Gord! You da' man!

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly!!!

This would NOT be a sequel...NOT be a reboot, but would be a new continuation of the fabulous franchise of the original without diminishing that original an iota!

Possibly another character could be the son (Or daughter!) of Marty who gets thrown into mix! Instead of a train the mode of transport could be a good old AIRSHIP or HOT AIR BALLOON !

Also...of course, the main antagonist has to be the evil Biff Tannen IV!!

Not BACK TO THE FUTURE IV , but BACK AGAIN TO THE FUTURE AGAIN I !

Great possibilities for a new look at the original trilogy!

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord, your suggestions are brilliant! Cool

I really wish that Hollywood would tap into All Sci-Fi and discover the amazing ideas we're presenting to the world!

We've got concepts which far surpass the crap that some of today's movie are inflicting on the public.

My concept and your brilliant enhancements would make a terrific Back to the Future IV!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Threads about Imaginary Sequels & Alternate Plotlines All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: