ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R.I.P. Raquel Welch, 1940-2023

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scotpens
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:17 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. Raquel Welch, 1940-2023 Reply with quote

Actress and sex symbol Raquel Welch, who rose to fame as a member of a miniaturized medical team in Fantastic Voyage and as a deerskin-bikinied cavegirl in One Million Years B.C., has died at the age of 82.

I find it hard to believe she's gone. She was one of those celebrities who are so embedded in the popular culture that you think they'll be around forever.

Raquel always had a sense of humor about her sexy image. In a July 1982 Life magazine article, she was quoted as saying: "My body is just there, like Mount Rushmore."

Raquel's stunning beauty was showcased in the opening title sequence for Fathom (1967) -- which also functions as a dandy instructional video on the proper way to pack a parachute!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jcNiJi0nCo
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stella Stevens (Absent Minded Professor - Jerry Lewis version) also passed away today.
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raquel's death was a surprise because she always took such terrific care of herself. I know, things can still happen even under those circumstances.

She was a gorgeous woman who was able to become a fine actress. I can only imagine how challenging Hollywood must of been back in her day, decades before the MeToo movement. Still, she persevered and carved out a notable career for herself.

Her great genre films are, of course, the Hammer-Ray Harryhausen film One Million Years BC. Fantastic Voyage would also become a sensational film in the science fiction realm.

Stella Stevens was another stunning actress. And she survived working with Jerry Lewis!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: