ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 3-20-23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:45 am    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 3-20-23 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

A tribute to Zero Mostel, a series about a Warrior Princess, and a lovely girl from the olanet Krypton.

It's a cafeteria style menu, Just choose a thread and add a reply! Very Happy

Zero Hour

Opening Statement: My personal favorite of Mr. Mostel's screen appearances is undoubtedly the movie below. YouTube doesn't have the full movie (dammit . . . ), but they do have the title work, which features Zero Mostel's talent in all it's glory.

_A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

Xena: Warrior Princess (1995 – 2001)

This immensely popular and highly successful syndicated series was more fun than a barrel full of Mesopotamian monkeys! Very Happy

The show runners presented us with a program that boldly switched back and forth between gut-wrenching drama and wild, slap-stick comedy from week to week — with many episodes which blended the two extremes seamlessly.

The result was a series which resembled a four course dinner. They were comprised of tasty appetizers, a main course with hearty side dishes, and delicious desserts! Cool

Supergirl (1984)

Opening Statement: The clip below from the movie is very impressive!

It starts with a long and beautiful scene of Supergirl flying over the city in a manner I don't think we've ever seen Superman do in any of the movies or TV shows! Shocked

She's flying with her arms outstretched . . . Peter Pan style . . . and the different camera angles (along with Goldsmith's music) make this whole scene a joy to behold! Her slow, shallow banks left and right, along with the faint smile on her face, make it obvious that she's flying for the pure joy of it.
Very Happy

These are better flying scenes than in any of the Superman movies!

I was struck by the way her pose was so obviously feminine — which makes it the perfect way for the Girl of Steel to fly when she's doing it just for fun!

And then she gets an alert signal on her wrist communicator, so she folds her arms back near her body — a gesture which clearly says, "Fun's over. Time to go to work." Cool

I don't remember being the least impressed by this movie when I saw it decades ago, but the scene below is definitely worth watching.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: