ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moon Shot: The Inside Story of the Apollo Project (1994)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> TV Shows in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 6:40 pm    Post subject: Moon Shot: The Inside Story of the Apollo Project (1994) Reply with quote

I first saw this remarkable documentary in 1994, and I loved! I still have the VHS tape I made.

More recently I bought the VHS box set with two cassettes, but it didn't look all that much better than my old tape . . . and the damn thing had bad areas in the tapes that caused problems. So, I bought a second set.

It had flaws, too.

So, I had to pick the best tapes from each set and make a DVD-R from them both. And that's what I used to make two DVD-Rs, one of which I kept and the other I sent to Randy Everett — my friend and co-site administrator who died from multiple stroke back in 2015. I also sent him better of the two tapes, because I knew he had equipment far superior to mine.

He would be able to make the best possible copy from the tapes.

Unfortunately, there is still no DVDs of this great progam. But now we have this wonderful copy from archive.org, and my download looks terrific!

Be advised, folks, that I had to make adjustments on my TV to increase the contrast, boost the color, and sharpen the details! But the end result is terrific! Very Happy

I'm sure all you folks know how to make these enhancements too, and you'll enjoy this wonderful documentary after doing so.

It tells the story of the NASA missions which inspired us as kids! The important thing here is that this isn't a recreation of those events, using professional actors to play the heroes of America's space program.

This is composed of actual footage of the events, along with interviews with the men who were there. I just finished re-watch From the Earth to Moon, and amazing documentary with fine actors and wonderful recreations of the historic events.

But Moon Shot is even better when it comes to allow me to reliving this historic events.

If you want to delve into the greatest moments in mankind's history and to see the people who made it happen, simply click on the links below. Cool

Then just buckle the seat belt on your couch and blast off into the past! Cool

Part 1 — https://we.tl/t-w8Yrtw4Bfc

Part 2 — https://we.tl/t-PGUgOyKx3K

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've never seen this amazing documentary, here's your chance!

ASF’s Friday & Saturday Night Chats (<— link) will be featuring this two-part documentary from the History channel on 12/8-9

To get these features, just click on the titles below, then click on the Download button. The features will be saved in your download file!

MOON SHOT - 1994 History Channel Documentary part 1Link is NOW active!

And we hope you'll join us tomorrow night for ASF's Saturday Night at the Movies, and part 2 of Moon Shot. Mr. Green

MOON SHOT - 1994 History Channel Documentary part 2Link is NOW active!

Journey back with us to the 1960s, when America was captivated by the idea that mankind was going to journey to the Moon!

But if you're just interested in watching classic movies like Desination Moon over and over again, you aren't a real science fiction fan — and this true-life presentation of mankind's space exploration is not for you. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> TV Shows in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: