ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 8th Voyage Of Sinbad: Return To Colossa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:15 pm    Post subject: The 8th Voyage Of Sinbad: Return To Colossa Reply with quote

Renowned American fantasy artist and illustrator William Stout was only nine years old when he saw the original theatrical release of The 7th Voyage of Sinbad. "Upon its release, I saw that film a magical seven times in two weeks. I couldn't get enough of it — the visual splendor, the color, the magnificent Bernard Herrmann score, the wonderful cast . . . but I was especially awestruck by the film's unique monsters.

I got together with Ray and asked for a list of all the creatures he ever wanted to animate, but that for some reason or another, usually budget, he never got a chance to bring to life. I then wrote a screenplay incorporating all of these creatures and a few more: The Eighth Voyage of Sinbad: Return to Colossa."

In this new adventure, set many years after 7th Voyage, Sinbad is the king of Baghdad, with his wife and daughter by his side. The city is under siege, so Sinbad gets his men to find new weaponry on the island of Colossa.

Harryhausen: The Lost Movies by John Walsh.

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pow wrote:
In this new adventure, set many years after 7th Voyage, Sinbad is the king of Baghdad, with his wife and daughter by his side. The city is under siege, so Sinbad gets his men to find new weaponry on the island of Colossa.

I love the concept! Very Happy

The older Sinbad and Princess Parisa — along with their fiesta and bold daughter who takes after her famous Pop — head back to the enchanted island in search a several magical objects inside Sokurah's abandoned cavern/castle.

They hope the magical powers these objects possess will help them defeat their enemies.

They also seek a second magic lamp hidden within the lair of a third aging-and-hunchbacked Cyclops!

The genie of this lamp appears to be a boy about the age of Sinbad's daughter, and the two develop a romantic relationship during the action-packed adventure.

The genie is played a teenage Richard Eyer!

Their love might have the power to set the teenage genie free — the way Sinbad managed to do for the genie's twin brother, years ago! Cool

Guys, I got so excited by this idea that I create a poster for the imaginary movie I described above! What do you think? I'd really appreciate a few encouraging words from the members of All Sci-Fi.

After all, it took me several hours to create it! Cool

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:32 pm; edited 5 times in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would stand in line for hours, days even, to see this movie!!!!
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord, if Hollywood had sense enough to buy my brilliant ideas for a few million bucks and make the movies I've described here on All Sci-Fi — with my well-written posts and the images like the one I put together above — I'd have my own private jet which could take you to the LA premiers, with deluxe accommodations for your whole family! Cool

Meanwhile, Gord, you've always got a front-row seat for the creative genius of that clever man known as Bud Brewster . . . on his wonderful message board called —

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one sensational poster you created there, Bud. If Ray & Charles had ever produced a sequel to 7th Voyage, this would be the marvelous movie poster to excite the crowds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: