ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sequel to The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Threads about Imaginary Sequels & Alternate Plotlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:29 pm    Post subject: The Sequel to The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms! Reply with quote

Let's Create a Sequel!

~ A Question for the Members: We don't know whether the Rhedosaurus was male or female. With that in mind, let's assume for a moment that it was female. So, what if the ovary of the Rhedosaurus contained several eggs at the time she died?

~ Here's what I came up with.: When the two scientist in this story — Prof. Tom Nesbitt (Paul Christian) and Lee Hunter (Paula Raymond) — learn that the Rhedosaurus was female, they would demand that the body be cut open and the eggs removed.

I Googled the question, "How many eggs did T-Rex lay at one time?" and I got this.

Fossils of other Tyrannosaur relatives suggest that they laid elongated eggs, roughly 20 or more at a time.

Hailed as a great scientific discovery, the foot-ball sized eggs from the Rhedosaurus are rescued and placed in an incubator located in a special newly-built facility in the Bronx Zoo, one of the largest zoos in the world. When the eggs hatch, the six young Rhedosaurus are put on display in a replica of a prehistoric environment.

As the young dinosaurs mature, a special habitat is built for them which includes a large in-door jungle environment. It's composed of a dense jungle foliage with streams of water running though it.

After its complete, droves of excited spectators pass along a raised walkway which surrounds the large, carefully landscaped "prehistoric" environment. The spectators watch the young Rhedosaurus — who are about three times the size of horses — prowl around their jungle habitat in search of the food which is provided by the attendants of this display.

I've got some ideas for this story which involve the six adolescent Rhedosaurus escaping from their compound and battling their way out of the Bronx Zoo and into the streets of New York city. But I'd rather wait and let you guys offer your own suggestions. Cool

I'm sure you've got a few. Right? Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Threads about Imaginary Sequels & Alternate Plotlines All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: