ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

65 (2023)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2021 to Tomorrow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krel
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:51 pm    Post subject: 65 (2023) Reply with quote

"65" is a movie that takes place on Earth 65 million years ago. Not a spoiler, they tell you that in the beginning. The characters are from an alien, but human civilization.

Mills (Adam Driver) is a space pilot that takes a two year mission for the money needed for his Daughter's medical treatment. Mills is the only crew member with all the passengers in cold storage.

During the mission his computer guides the ship into an uncharted asteroid field. You would think that the computer would have been programed to avoid things, like a big honkin' asteroid field.

The ship crashes on Earth with the back half of the ship on a mountain top, and the front half in a lowland swamp. At first Mills believes that he is the only survivor, but then he discovers a little girl named Koa (Ariana Greenblatt ) about the same age as his Daughter, about ten years old. To get Koa to come with him, he tells her that her Parents are waiting for her at the other part of the ship. He figures he can deal with the repercussions of the lie when he gets he to safety.

Mills quicky discovers to his horror that the planet is filled with all manner of monsters that want to kill and eat him and the girl. Not necessarily in that order.

The escape ship needed to reach the rescue ship is in the back half of the ship, which is about 15 kilometers away and up the side of a mountain. No word is given to indicate if the 15 Kilometers includes the distance up the mountain.

Mills calls for a rescue ship, and he an Koa start out for the escape ship. During the trek his computer informs him that the asteroid field is going to hit the Earth in about 12 hours.

Can Mills and Koa make it to the ship before the asteroid hits, and not get eaten in the process?

I very much enjoyed this movie, and a nice touch is that Koa does not speak the same language as Mills. Most SF movies have a civilization all speak the same language.

The only other movies I have seen Adam Driver in were the dumpster-fire Disney Star Wars movies, and I was not impressed. I like him in this movie.

I liked him even more when I found out that his reason for doing the movie was so he could shoot dinosaurs with a LASER gun! And he gets to shoot a lot of dinosaurs. Laughing

It's pretty much a bubblegum movie. I think that I'm going to buy the Blue ray disc.

David.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Wikipedia ~

65 is a 2023 American science fiction film starring Adam Driver and written and directed by Scott Beck and Bryan Woods. Driver stars as an astronaut who crashes on an unknown planet and attempts to escape while surviving with a young girl, played by Ariana Greenblatt. Beck and Woods produced with Sam Raimi, Deborah Liebling, and Zainab Azizi.

Plot

Sixty-five million years ago, on the planet Somaris, pilot Mills is convinced by his wife that he should take on a two-year space expedition to earn the money needed to treat their daughter Nevine's illness. During the journey, his spaceship, the Zoic, is hit by a mass of asteroids and crash-lands on the alien-to-him planet, Earth.

With his ship damaged beyond repair, he finds that his passengers have been killed and contemplates suicide until he finds a lone survivor, a young girl named Koa.

Note from me: The two survivors struggle to escape Earth before the dinosaur-killer asteroid strikes the planet.

__________________ 65 – Official Trailer (HD)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2021 to Tomorrow All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: