ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 3-4-24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:02 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 3-4-24 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at Brucecook1@yahoo.com.

All Sci-Fi member tmlindsey made some very interesting comments about temporal paradoxes and possible sequels to The Time Machine. Mr. Green

The Time Machine (1960) - Part 3

I don't like paradoxes, so stopping the fire at the Library of Alexandria before it started doesn't appeal to me.

Most of what was lost in the museum fire would be either of little use to the uneducated Eloi or would likely crumble to dust when exposed to air. The Eloi were essentially what would happen if most Zoomers found themselves in a world where an EMP killed all the phones and other "smart" devices; most of them wouldn't know how to do anything.

George took three books to help rebuild society, so he didn't return completely empty-handed.

Another thing to consider; is this really the ONLY civilization on the entire Earth?

It's unreasonable to think that this one tiny community is all that is left. After returning, George could travel to other places and encounter other communities. Some may be the same or similar to the one he encountered, some far better, some even worse. The book and film takes place on what may or may not still be an island, after all.

I wish I had access to a simulation program that would show what the surface of Earth would look like in 802,701. That might open up many more story possibilities.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: