ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 3-18-24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:25 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 3-18-24 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at Brucecook1@yahoo.com.

Frankly, folks, the kind of posts here on All Sci-Fi that I enjoy the most are the ones which present original ideas — like the post below.

But of course, I greatly appreciate the contributions by members who share information about the movies and TV shows we love. Very Happy

Nonetheless, what All Sci-Fi really needs is a lot MORE of both of these kinds of contributions — because frankly I just can't keep the board going if I can't get a bit more activity from our members. Sad

Gentlemen, please click on the title below to go to the thread and add a reply. This, of course, is how it works for ALL the Featured Threads.

Apparently not everybody is aware of this. Rolling Eyes

Attack of the 50 Foot Woman (1958) (<— link)

Bogmeister wrote:
A DVD of this film was released a couple of years ago, with an audio commentary by Yvette Vickers (who gives the better performance as the 'other' woman) and film historian Tom Weaver. The DVD was part of a Sci-Fi Cult Camp Classic set of 3 films.

I'd love to hear that commentary by Yvette and Tom. His commentary for Queen of Outer Space with Laurie Mitchell is a true delight, and I'll bet Tom brought out some wonderful remarks by Miss Vickers as well. Very Happy

However, Amazon says the triple feature which Bogmester mentions is "currently unavailable". Very Happy

But here's a few new thoughts about the movie. Very Happy

Thinking Outside the "Plot"!

~ A Question for the Members: I've always felt that the producers of this movie missed a golden opportunity.

They never bothered to answer this burning question: Why did the alien cause Miss Haye's size to expand and eventually match his own? Shocked

~ My Theory: The answer is obvious! He wanted a woman his own size . . . for the same purpose all men want women! Shocked

The climax (pardon the term . . . ) for this movie should have had the alien return and invite his newly enlarged girlfriend to share a life of luxury as they toured of the galaxy! Cool

"Good bye, Harry . . . you puny little wimp! I've found a real man who knows how to treat a lady." Very Happy

(Surely a few of you folks can offer some interesting replies! Like, how 'bout a sequel called, Attack of the 50 Foot Mommy Who Brings the Kids Home For a Visit?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: